colonscopy

Jerseyst

Official Crown Royal TeSTer
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Dinkie, they sell bore scopes at Home depot. NO RETURNS!!!

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hope everything is OK Mac. Probably will be and good on you for having a 'look.

I've been through it twice now. No fun at the time but piece of mind later is great.

My family doctor said it was the ones that acted as if they enjoyed it was the ones he worried about.

STOC #
Glad to hear you got er done, Mac. My turn next week. I was hoping that I didn't need to think about it until Thursday. Oh well.

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
Mac, I hope all is well for you...... even if it was a pain in the..... backside, having to get that done.....

As with all you guys that are going through this, hope you all have good results and good health.

Bike
2012 K-1600 GTL
STOC #
Pics or it didn't happen :)

You know Carole had the Nikon within reach !

Rite of passage for most men at age 50 to establish a baseline with no previous history. While we all enjoy a little fun when someone finally gets scoped, I hope that Mac's admission and details of the pocedure removes any fear or anxiety about getting it done. Lost a few friends to cancer, don't want to do it again.

Now, if there are pictures, make sure Dinky does not get them, the Photoshop possibilities are ENDLESS.

Hope Mr. Biopsy is your friend,

Get Well Quick,

Buy more toilet paper, you are probably out

Get the good stuff,

Don't want a thumb puncture at the wrong time.

2 rolls are better than 1

The wet wipes are nice too!

Love to Carole,

Chris

OP
OP
motomac
Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Pics or it didn't happen :)

You know Carole had the Nikon within reach !

Rite of passage for most men at age 50 to establish a baseline with no previous history. While we all enjoy a little fun when someone finally gets scoped, I hope that Mac's admission and details of the pocedure removes any fear or anxiety about getting it done. Lost a few friends to cancer, don't want to do it again.

Now, if there are pictures, make sure Dinky does not get them, the Photoshop possibilities are ENDLESS.

Hope Mr. Biopsy is your friend,

Get Well Quick,

Buy more toilet paper, you are probably out

Get the good stuff,

Don't want a thumb puncture at the wrong time.

2 rolls are better than 1

The wet wipes are nice too!

Love to Carole,

Chris
I used wet wipes and still wore the skin off my arsehole. Carole is trying to get the doctor to supply pictures!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Had a couple done myself. I find it amazing that you felt a polyp. I've had a few benign polyps and didn't feel anything at all. Never heard of anybody who did.

If you don't remember anything about the procedure, the "something" else they put in the IV is Versed, among other things an amnesiac.

John-

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Mac,

Thanks for the thread. Always good to get one of these friendly reminders. Maggie and I are keeping you in our prayers for good report back from your doc. Pls. keep us posted.

John

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I am in desperate need of a scope to determine once and for all if what I have is, in fact, Crohn's Disease (I suspect it is...so do my docs). But in order to scope, they're going to have to fix the current problem (severe fissures, caused by what is probably Crohn's), but because our health system here is so messed up, I'm facing a long wait...and I'm living in severe pain, almost 24/7. I now have a GP and rheumatologist trying to get me fast tracked. Cross your fingers for me...I need all the good vibes I can get.
Don't wait to get the scope, folks, it's terribly important.

Patty

OP
OP
motomac
Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Had a couple done myself. I find it amazing that you felt a polyp. I've had a few benign polyps and didn't feel anything at all. Never heard of anybody who did.

If you don't remember anything about the procedure, the "something" else they put in the IV is Versed, among other things an amnesiac.

John-
I just got off the phone with the doctor and he said the polyp was bigger than a grape, but smaller than a ping pong ball.

I am in desperate need of a scope to determine once and for all if what I have is, in fact, Crohn's Disease (I suspect it is...so do my docs). But in order to scope, they're going to have to fix the current problem (severe fissures, caused by what is probably Crohn's), but because our health system here is so messed up, I'm facing a long wait...and I'm living in severe pain, almost 24/7. I now have a GP and rheumatologist trying to get me fast tracked. Cross your fingers for me...I need all the good vibes I can get.
Don't wait to get the scope, folks, it's terribly important.

Patty
Patty, you remain in my prayers for a good outcome of this ordeal you're going through.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
Patty, I can't imagine having a problem, having pain, know there is something wrong and not a darn thing you can do about it. I pray you find relief/cure very, very soon.

Mac, you know you're in for the "butt" of a few jokes at Moonshine? I'll gather up my most witty friends and it will be like the Dean Martin Roast Hour. Will you be bringing a donut for your camp chair? I know where you can find a nice, soft, fuzzy, round item that might work.

Bike
ST 1300
Patty, I can't imagine having a problem, having pain, know there is something wrong and not a darn thing you can do about it. I pray you find relief/cure very, very soon.

Mac, you know you're in for the "butt" of a few jokes at Moonshine? I'll gather up my most witty friends and it will be like the Dean Martin Roast Hour. Will you be bringing a donut for your camp chair? I know where you can find a nice, soft, fuzzy, round item that might work.

Jeff oh please let me write some jokes...I'm really good at doing that!

John

R.I.P. - 2024/01/22
Rest In Peace
Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Well, I can hardly wait for our "national" health insurance to kick in.

Apparently, it won't cost me a dime (I can stop letting my company take dollars out of my check each week), and I won't have to spend 2 hours checking into the hospital. Doctors will be at the door, waiting for my arrival, to cater to my every problem and need.

If any of you think my post is serious..........ask Patty about her "nationalized" healthcare.

That is what is waiting for us..........unless you happen to be on welfare or an illegal.

steve3b3

Retired
Bike
2018 GoldWing
Mac,

Here's hoping your problems are all behind you!
I simply can't conceive of a polyp that's larger than a grape! Here's hoping that it's benign.
I did a sigmoidoscopy the first time, 'cause I'm such a wuss, and was awake and alert for the (w)hole thing, but the second was the colonoscopy, and I slept through it.
In both cases, the prep was the worst part.
Next time we're buying the bestest, softest bathroom tissue we can find!

Steve:04biker:

OP
OP
motomac
Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Folks, I appreciate all the well wishes. My doctor has instilled quite a bit of confidence in me that the polyp is benign, so I haven't really been concerned. Keith, I couldn't believe Dinkie convinced Carole to wear that hat at his dining room table!!!

Top Bottom