Ducati/VW??

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Interesting...wonder what happens when German management meets Italian engineering. Hopefully it's good.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Interesting...wonder what happens when German management meets Italian engineering. Hopefully it's good.
Interesting you should mention this. I was watching Top Gear the other night and they spoke of Lamborghini since being acquired by VW/Audi. Found this on the Top Gear web site:

Former tractor builder turned supercar dream factory seemed to be staring down a bland barrel when Audi took over, but the partnership has been the stuff of legend. Overt, wild, spitting supercars are still the plan, but with legendary Lambo flakiness swapped for Audi engineering know-how. Gripping stuff.​

I kinda hope VW does buy Ducati. Would be interesting to see some of the technology crossing back and forth.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
Interesting you should mention this. I was watching Top Gear the other night and they spoke of Lamborghini since being acquired by VW/Audi. Found this on the Top Gear web site:

Former tractor builder turned supercar dream factory seemed to be staring down a bland barrel when Audi took over, but the partnership has been the stuff of legend. Overt, wild, spitting supercars are still the plan, but with legendary Lambo flakiness swapped for Audi engineering know-how. Gripping stuff.​

I kinda hope VW does buy Ducati. Would be interesting to see some of the technology crossing back and forth.
I have been going though Netflix watching all the episodes (about half way done) and also got that feeling when they talk about Lambo. They would comment on how the old one had a HVAC system like an asthmatic blowing on you through a straw where the new ones are lifted right from the A8 and work. At first Jeremy complained about it but later stated it was a good thing. He liked it so much that he bought one. Though he did the same with the Ford GT and that didn't pan out as well for him and they replaced the first one and when he had problems with the second one he eventually got rid of it.

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
I have been going though Netflix watching all the episodes (about half way done) and also got that feeling when they talk about Lambo. They would comment on how the old one had a HVAC system like an asthmatic blowing on you through a straw where the new ones are lifted right from the A8 and work. At first Jeremy complained about it but later stated it was a good thing. He liked it so much that he bought one. Though he did the same with the Ford GT and that didn't pan out as well for him and they replaced the first one and when he had problems with the second one he eventually got rid of it.
Rumor at the local Ice House is that Ford has taken notice of the VW move and has approached Harley.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I don't think we've seen any real contribution from VW owning some of Suzuki... Ducati, meh.

Top Bottom