12V in glovebox not working

OP
OP
l84toff

l84toff

Riding 2up around the world
Bike
Tiger Explorer 1200
I have had no issues charging my iPhone at all. In fact I have a plug that allows me to charge 2 (mine and the wife's) at the same time and no issues with that one either. It was the air pump that blew the fuse.

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
I put a 10a fuze on my quartet harness, but run my electronics through a fuzed extension. (3a or less. Don't remember). Now I can use the outlet for my air pump as well. Not enough to fry the wires, but enough to be able to use the pump on occasion.

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
That may be, but my compressor hasn't fried it yet.

Everything else that runs through there is fused before it gets to the acc socket and I will be changing my compressor to use the direct to battery connection set up for my battery tender. At that time, I'll change the fuze.

Either way, I think the wiring will be fine for short usage.

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
LOL - Yeah, I know! Should be fine. (I'm changing it anyway). Wiring today is capable of handling alot more than it's rated for. It's a CYA thing.

I know this is late in the game, but my Honda line glove box 12v accessory socket wasn't working. The fuse to the socket was good. I removed the right side upper cowling and looked up into the space to see the back of the socket. I saw a loose wire clip. I removed the ferruled lock ring and socket and discovered the back end of the socket had broken off, totally gone. Wow. Didn't expect that. I tested the wires and they Had power. I replaced the socket with a $12 Bike Master socket instead of the $89 Honda socket. This was recommended by my Honda Dealer parts guy. The Bike Master socket looks to be a better quality socket. I was so relieved I didn't have to remove the left side fairing panel to get to the Quartet harness. New socket works great now.

Top Bottom