From Black to White

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I have a piece of particle board I'll use as the centerstand has dinged up my floor, the ST is a heavy bike.. LOL

OP
OP
thumperjdm

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
I understand that part.. I like them better on the painted surface vs the black plastic, I'm talking about just switching sides... It just looks like it would follow the bike lines better but just a guess.
If you look at the picture on my original thread, where they're on the black saddlebag lids, you'll see the curves of the pad (where they're placed) follow the accompanying seam on the inside of the saddlebag lids. I think the lines would flow in the wrong direction if they were reversed.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
If you don't mind my asking, approx. how much did that all cost? I assume the fuel tank was the worst piece.
Igofar

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
If you look at the picture on my original thread, where they're on the black saddlebag lids, you'll see the curves of the pad (where they're placed) follow the accompanying seam on the inside of the saddlebag lids. I think the lines would flow in the wrong direction if they were reversed.
Yeah... I see what you're saying.. okay, back to the originally scheduled program..

Oh... and welcome to the club..

Des

Bike
'00 ST1100-P
Congrats, the end result looks great.

I had to laugh at your statement, I've got a real good buddy that you must be related to. His bike always looks better than show room condition......like it's ready for a competion. I've got to be the TOTAL opposite in regard to that; I always figured that time cleaning is time that could be spent riding.

Gary
Same here, I wash the bike now and again, but that's it. When it gets used every day it doesn't stay clean for long so why bother?

Clean bikes do look nice, but they ride the same as dirty ones.

FJA314

"Penguinisto"
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Oh man!!! I love how that looks and I would love to do that to my '06!
Do you mind me asking about how much total? Supplier?

Color me jealous!

Gandolkf

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Wing
STOC #
Ebay has white sadlle bags and fenders @ a good price right now(take off from new police bikes that went black on those parts)

OP
OP
thumperjdm

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
Oh man!!! I love how that looks and I would love to do that to my '06!
Do you mind me asking about how much total? Supplier?

Color me jealous!
I bought everything through:

www.ronayers.com

Not inexpensive (over $2,500), but it was much cheaper than buying a new bike, taking a hit on the trade-in, and having to re-do all the farkles I've amassed over the last five years (including $1,700 worth of Race Tech suspension).

Bike
2006 ST1300A
It's all new OEM Honda plastic, in Alpine White from the ST1300P.
That's the route I wish I had taken. I bought all my parts in various colors via eBay, then had a buddy paint them. My quest started when I was able to buy the first item, a new unused tank having a very minor scratch for about $20 + $35 shipping. Swapped out my black '06 parts for the white parts over the course of one weekend (minimal downtime). In hindsight, buying white OEM parts would've been a little less expensive, BUT it would've saved me a bunch of labor. OTOH, I like my Honda Elsinore (orange) tank decals better than the black ones ... just can't see 'em in THIS shot.

Not inexpensive (over $2,500) ...
Not bad. When I priced the white parts from Zanotti's about 3 years ago, the cost was $2,100 + shipping.

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
Copycats... :D

Very smart though! :yes: The usual white paint Honda uses on police STs is NH-138 Shasta White, are you sure about the Alpine White?

Attachments

Bike
ST1300A '10
Well it's lovely and the extra respect it would get you in certain parts of the country (uh oh, how fast was I going?) would be entertaining but surely you miss the superior speed that the stealth-mode black gave you?

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
Top Bottom