From Black to White

perk263

perkSTer
Bike
2004 ST 1300
I love the look of a white ST and a clean bike even better, my ST gets cleaned about once a year and I have have seen cleaner dirt bikes than my ST. My bike gets ridden almost daily and the few times I have cleaned it, it rained on the very next ride, so I have just kind of given up on keeping it clean, long gravel driveway does not help much.

Bike
92 ST1100
Had all the tupperware along with new mirror housings, which BTW came painted for the 92 year model, all professionally re-painted a pearl white with some red pearl added. Inpics, it looks just white, but light hits the curves and reflects a redish/pink hue and then all was clear-coated after placing new sticker kit on it. Front piece under windshield left black, trunks black along with center pieces that cover valve cover area. The actual reason for all this was it went down on me 4yrs. back avoiding a T-bone @ 50mph. I decided on this color for higher visibility and it does give it a wider stance look to be more visible, even though we are invisible more often than not. I have definitely noticed it being seen, where in previous similar situations, it wasn't.

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
All-white can be a bit overpowering - looks better as a black-white mix or with panels broken up with contrasting decals like Joe's or mine. The pearl white with red mixed in sounds interesting!

Attachments

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Question: That white ST with the yellow stripes... that's a police bike right? That would not be legal if you are not a police officer..am I right? Could that be a different option for me, if I am not an officer? How about a maroon bike with Yellow accents?

Some people didn't like my yellow Nighthawk, so what. Your bike, ride what you like.
Ron

Last edited:

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
Ron, it is a police bike, and I am riding it legally, but I can't advise you further than that because you're in the US and I'm in the UK! :) Silver with yellow accents might look nicer than maroon.

Mr Thumper, I should have stated that was my personal opinion only, and your '06 looks extremely smart!

robertpage

TourMaster
Bike
2005 ST1300
I'm inspired. She's out to the painter right now for a transformation from 2005 candy apple red to pearl white.
Also going for the Delkevic ovals, but having never seen the Carbon Fiber vs. the Stainless Steel 18 inch, it's hard to know what my color scheme will look like.
Stainless Steel provides a nice contrast for most bike colors, but a white background might need more contrast.
Thanks for the picture. I've been scouring around for a model.
RobertTailoftheDragon.jpg

OP
OP
thumperjdm

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
I'm inspired. She's out to the painter right now for a transformation from 2005 candy apple red to pearl white.
Also going for the Delkevic ovals, but having never seen the Carbon Fiber vs. the Stainless Steel 18 inch, it's hard to know what my color scheme will look like.
Stainless Steel provides a nice contrast for most bike colors, but a white background might need more contrast.
Thanks for the picture. I've been scouring around for a model.
RobertTailoftheDragon.jpg
Of course, we'll demand pictures. Congrats on the switch!

Top Bottom