ST1300 Thermometer

Bike
2007 DL1000
STOC #
I want to change my thermometer to Celsius, from Fahrenheit.
There must be a way to do this as both Canadian and U.S. speedometers/displays are the same part numbers.
Does anyone know if there is a button sequence to change it???:D
The bike is a U.S. model.
TIA
Bob

OP
OP
Bike
2007 DL1000
STOC #
I have tried all button combinations and only came up with the odo changing to kilometers.
Info must be stored in the ECU.
Bet that cant be reprogrammed, without a price.
bob

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
From manual. No change option.

Air temperature meter shows air temperature digitally.
USA : Fahrenheit
Canada : Centigrade

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
From manual. No change option.

Air temperature meter shows air temperature digitally.
USA : Fahrenheit
Canada : Centigrade
I take note of Andrew's comment above (I've seen the same text in my Owner Manual), however, I am quite perplexed by the choices available for miles vs. kilometers and centigrade vs. fahrenheit.

I've figured out how to switch the odometer (including the tripmeters) back and forth between miles and kilometers. That's pretty easy, the manual explains the process as follows: Press and hold the FCD/H button for more than 2 seconds.

But, even though I have switched the odometer display over to miles (I'm riding in the USA at the moment), the fuel mileage display still shows "kilometers per litre". How can I switch this over to "miles per gallon", this because I am buying fuel sold by the gallon and riding in a country that measures distance in miles?

Additionally, how can I switch the outside air temperature display from showing ?C to ?F?

I have not been able to find a way of making the two above changes. My bike is a 2012 Canadian spec model. If Honda has somehow 'hard coded' units of measure into their products - for example, metric for Canada and Europe, and American units for America - surely there must be a way to change this, either by controller programming or perhaps by pinouts on one of the controllers or the instrument cluster of the bike.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone else encountered this same problem with a Canadian spec bike (or, vice-versa with an American spec bike when visiting Canada)?

Michael

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
I am quite perplexed by the choices available for miles vs. kilometers and centigrade vs. fahrenheit.
I've figured out how to switch the odometer (including the tripmeters) back and forth between miles and kilometers. That's pretty easy, the manual explains the process as follows: Press and hold the FCD/H button for more than 2 seconds.
But, even though I have switched the odometer display over to miles (I'm riding in the USA at the moment), the fuel mileage display still shows "kilometers per litre".
Additionally, how can I switch the outside air temperature display from showing ?C to ?F?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone else encountered this same problem with a Canadian spec bike (or, vice-versa with an American spec bike when visiting Canada)?
What I did was I bought a speedometer made for Canada. Now I have C? with kilometers per litre.

My bike was purchased in the USA and had F? and miles per gallon.

If you buy a bike in the UK, it would read in kilometers per litre/ litres per mile and C?

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
What I did was I bought a speedometer made for Canada. Now I have C? with kilometers per litre.

My bike was purchased in the USA and had F? and miles per gallon.
OK Al, I've now figured out what to do... next time I plan a trip to the USA, I'll phone you and borrow your American instrument cluster. :)

On a more serious note - I am sure that there must be a way to change the OAT and fuel consumption units of measure by pinout, or by programming - does anyone here in the forum know any more about this?

Michael

Top Bottom