Honda doing away with the ST ??? Make way for the VFR1200T ??

LetErBuck

Brian Oehlert
Bike
2007 ST1300A
I am very much anticipating a new ST or the likes SOON.
I think that this idea will suit me just FINE !
According to some articals I have read this is currently available in Europe as the new PanEuropean.

Can anyone help verify this? Or am I just blinded by wishful thinking?? !!!

Attachments

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Nope.. doesn't exist.. just artists rendering based on what they think it will look like...

You will know it when Honda wants you to know it.. LOL

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Wishful thinking. Not out in Europe yet. The VFR with optional bags is, but not a new Pan (VFR1200T).

st1300doug

Well....I just placed my order for a 2014. DCT-tranny w/the paddle shifter, heated grips, cruise control, heated seat, dual-accessory plugs, std. ABS, 1500cc, reverse, hydraulic centerstand, alarm system, digital gear indicator, single-sided swingarm, four color choices, (Forest Green is mine...) AND it all weighs in at #605 lbs. Yep, no answer back yet? Mmmmmm........

Bike
ST1300A 2006
Well....I just placed my order for a 2014. DCT-tranny w/the paddle shifter, heated grips, cruise control, heated seat, dual-accessory plugs, std. ABS, 1500cc, reverse, hydraulic centerstand, alarm system, digital gear indicator, single-sided swingarm, four color choices, (Forest Green is mine...) AND it all weighs in at #605 lbs. Yep, no answer back yet? Mmmmmm........
How much did it cost you?......:bigpop: Or What would you really pay?

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
I'll have a bottle of whatever you're drinking!! :)

diferg

Dan & Ingrid
Bike
2006 ST 1300
What??? you forgot the color coordinated cup holder!

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
But you can get one of these here and now A ST700:D:p:

:p: Just because you make your own stickers does not make it an official Honda model. :D

I too want some of whatever you are smoking ,drinking, or whatever :D

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I am very much anticipating a new ST or the likes SOON.
I think that this idea will suit me just FINE !
According to some articals I have read this is currently available in Europe as the new PanEuropean.

Can anyone help verify this? Or am I just blinded by wishful thinking?? !!!
A couple years ago, those pics were in Motorcycle News, a British mag that has a reputation for speculating...case in point.

OP
OP
LetErBuck

LetErBuck

Brian Oehlert
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Wishfull thinking....I do hope that IF and WHEN they get off their a** that this will be the direction. They are very nice renditions in my opinion.
And as for options I agree with all of the above......well the centerstand may be a little over the top ! LOL

ST13Fred

Fred
Bike
2015 Motus MST
The ST13 is is now 10 years old (2002 Pan European), so Honda definitely has something on the drawing boards and the world economy issues (and Tsunami) is what I say prevented a new gen 2012 ST from hitting the streets.
Of course, Europe will get the first year production and the US a year later, if they follow the same release as they did on the ST11 and ST13.

Bike
2012 ST1300A
I think its a prudent bet that whatever emerges, it will be based on the VFR1200 platform and especially the engine. I've ridden the DCT and standard tranny a fair amount and, while the DCT is interesting/cool, I don't think it's "there" quite yet (at least for my riding style/tastes). As you know, the VFR bags currently are had as a significantly priced "option"- and that is utterly ridiculous for a model designated with the word "touring" anywhere in it...

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
The new 700 (X and S) have second generation DCT. I expect that to migrate up to the 1200 motor when ever.

BTW, the 700 S, tho not scheduled for the US this year, is coming to Canada. Of course the got the new Trans Alp as well and we never did. I think Honda America's marketing need some new blood.

Bike
2012 ST1300A
The guy making those decisions is Ray Blank. Oh he's got a few Lt.'s, but at the end of the day...

The new 700 (X and S) have second generation DCT. I expect that to migrate up to the 1200 motor when ever.

BTW, the 700 S, tho not scheduled for the US this year, is coming to Canada. Of course the got the new Trans Alp as well and we never did. I think Honda America's marketing need some new blood.

Top Bottom