Boots TCX Air Tech Gore-Tex Boot

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
I have these an d absolutely love them. I already had the TCX Matrix boots but wanted another GorTex lined boot that would be cooler in the hot summer weather. These are the ticket for hotter weather. I am sensitive to the heat issues of my ST13 and these boots don't seem to be in the hot air flows at all. On a cooler summer morning you can actually feel the cool air blowing over your feet in these boots and yet my fett stayed completely dry in very heavy downpours....there's nothing like real Gortex, especially the newer generation versions. They are also very sturdy, comfortable and a very simlar design to the Matrix boots which are very popular. I use the Matrix boots for colder riding and the Air boots for everything else. I HAVE RECOMMENDED THESE MANY TIMES AND WOULD DO SO AGAIN. These are what I wold buy today if I needed another pair.

PS: I have bought from REVZILLA many times and love their customer service. My ALL season riding gear is now Revit bought from REVZILLA. I go to the Philly store and try things on before I buy, But there may be cheaper prices for these boots elsewhere online. Price is not the major consideration when I buy gear. I want the most comfortable, most adaptable, longest lasting above and beyond any price considerations.

Downside: Well, I guess the only thing would be that they are not appropriate for colder weather riding....your feet would freeze as these flow soo much air....but then that pretty much is a given considering their design and name.

Bike
'06 ST1300A
As an FYI - my experience with the heat off the ST is this: it's going to affect your ankles, shins and calves, but not the feet themselves. I say this with about 50k riding with perforated boots. For me, at least, simply wearing two layers (mesh gear and pants, even really lightweight pants) completely eliminates any heat effects off the ST on the lower legs/feet.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
As an FYI - my experience with the heat off the ST is this: it's going to affect your ankles, shins and calves, but not the feet themselves. I say this with about 50k riding with perforated boots. For me, at least, simply wearing two layers (mesh gear and pants, even really lightweight pants) completely eliminates any heat effects off the ST on the lower legs/feet.
I agree completely. I have had mesh pants for a few years. I would often ride with a pair of trousers (jeans, whatever) under them but when it got really hot in Bloomsburg last August I tried going without the trousers beneath the mesh pants. A really bad idea on an ST1300. It felt like my shins were being held a few inches from a campfire and actually expected to see burns when I got back to the dorm we were staying in.
Steps I did since that experience.
1-never wear the mesh pants without trousers under them
2-Bought a pair of Revit Sand pants to wear when I'll be dedicated to mostly riding for the day..not commuting. The mesh over pants is easiest for a quick ride or to take off once at the destination where the Revit pants are solid fabric with vents at the front of the thigh but shield me from the ST heat but are a thinner high tech ATGATT material so cooler than the mesh over pants assembly.
3-redid the insulation I had added previously around the tank, under seat and trailing edge fairing seams with a better type of insulation.

NO Bike is going to be a fun ride when it's 100+ degrees, but the ST13 is soo hot at those temps that action needs to be taken to make it possible to tolerate. I feel mine is now tolerable and the TCX Air boots were never a factor in any discomfort.

Bike
ST1100AX '99
STOC #
I like TCX Gore-Tex boot. Overall quality is more than average, I can walk 2-3 miles with the boots directly out of the box, protection (for a touring boot) is ok (not perfect) and gore-tex is ok but not perfect because the ''position' of the membrane. After 2 12 to14hrs days of riding in rain, I had my feet feeling damp because membrane is inside and close to socks/feet. This was almost ok to me because outshell materials take time to dry out the water (one night was not enough) This is my 3rd pair of TCX and globally satisfied of the product.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I wear mine year round. They aren't all that cool in the heat of the summer, but they are waterproof and I have never got my feet wet in them, unless I waded in water that was above the boot top.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
A bit of a bump here.

I'm interested in the TCX Street Ace Air shoes, and I'm happy to see so many happy TCX users on the forum. I'd never heard of TCX before today. :shrug1:

As many know, I'm a die-hard fan of my Aerostich Combat Lites, and wear them every time the kick stand goes up. However, lately, I've been thinking about a low-cut, sneaker style motor boot. I commute daily in my Aerostich Roadcrafter, and wear a t shirt and shorts underneath.

And... I've never gotten over feeling like a dork when I walk into work, stores, the dentist, etc. wearing shorts and high motorcycle boots after I peel off the Roadcrafter. These sneakers would keep me incognito when out and about.

Does anyone use the Street Ace boots?

Bike
VStrom 650
Haven't got those but started using my TCX XTour Gortex yesterday.
They seem to be good quality and TCX have been rated in the motorcycle press over here.
They are instantly comfy, well on the bike anyway. Time will tell but they seem a good buy, especially at 55% off.
They are my first TCX product but the quality is obvious.
Happy hunting.
Upt'North.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
My wife as a pair of these TCX boots and really likes them. She has used them in very hot weather and cool weather and finds them very comfortable over a large range of temps. The quality seems to be very good as well.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
A bit of a bump here.
I'm interested in the TCX Street Ace Air shoes, and I'm happy to see so many happy TCX users on the forum. I'd never heard of TCX before today. :shrug1:

As many know, I'm a die-hard fan of my Aerostich Combat Lites, and wear them every time the kick stand goes up. However, lately, I've been thinking about a low-cut, sneaker style motor boot. I commute daily in my Aerostich Roadcrafter, and wear a t shirt and shorts underneath.

And... I've never gotten over feeling like a dork when I walk into work, stores, the dentist, etc. wearing shorts and high motorcycle boots after I peel off the Roadcrafter. These sneakers would keep me incognito when out and about.

Does anyone use the Street Ace boots?

Sneakers? Don't do it. Why not just wear regular gym shoes . . . because of the same reason you wear a Roadcrafter - to protect you if you're in a wreck. I've survived three ST1300s that died out from under me and was blessed/lucky enough to walk away each time. You want to protect your ankles, wear regular height boots. Safer to pack regular shoes on the bike and change out footwear when you get where you're going.

That said, I've no experience with the short height TCX Street Ace Air boots. However, the input from MotoMac back in 2012 and from others about the TCX is still true and stood the test of time. They're easy on and off with one zipper and a velcro flap. I carry a pair of street shoes in my top box and if I'm going to be off the bike for any length of time, I just swap the boots for the shoes while leaning on the bike seat then head out.

I'm on my third pair and I ride them all year regardless of temp. Low of 8 degrees in MN to a high of 127 crossing Death Valley, no problems. Keep your core temp comfortable (heated vest/jacket and pants if really cold, or cool-vest / ice if to hot) and my feet stay comfortable. I've stood in water half-way up the boot on several occasions and feet stayed completely dry. I got my current pair in 2013 and they have over 100k miles on them. GoreTex and inside still look like new, only one or two wear spots on the ballistic nylon on the outside. Maybe I'll get a new pair this Winter for next year . . . then again, maybe I'll wait another year. ;)

Shuey

Last edited:

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
Sneakers? Don't do it. Why not just wear regular gym shoes . . . because of the same reason you wear a Roadcrafter - to protect you if you're in a wreck. I've survived three ST1300s that died out from under me and was blessed/lucky enough to walk away each time. You want to protect your ankles, wear regular height boots. Safer to pack regular shoes on the bike and change out footwear when you get where you're going.
They LOOK like sneakers, but they have reinforced soles for side to side compression. Hard toes and hard ankle reinforcement on both sides. The only place they're weak, I suppose, is the actual material.

That said, I tired them on yesterday and they feel goofy as heck.

Top Bottom