reversed trike st1300

Been looking at different kits--trying to find someone who may have made his/her 1300 into a reversed trike. Mostly just curious---I love the T-rex--but no way is it worth 50-60 thousand dollars..even if I could afford one(t-rex) theres no way to justfy (at least me). Can-am spyder doesn't have enough engine or power) its not even economical(gas milage wise)top speed 105-110---some motor scooters will do that. I want to use my st from the front of the engine back to the wheel---maybe asking or expecting to much. thanks for reading and any replies. SDR:)

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
Not a 1300 but this is a conversion done to an 1100 that would probably give you some ideas.

He is a member here but I don't think he posts much. Last I saw I think he gave the trike to his son. I happened to catch a glimpse of it one day a year or so ago at a motorcycle event that they have up here the first Thursday of every month. It was through the crowd and I didn't see where he parked it to get a closer look. I mentioned it to him once and he said it was his Son riding it.

http://www.stealth11.com/

Here is a thread where he was talking about it.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?49587-STealth-1100

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
Sennister, thanks for info on reversed trike...That post gives me alot to think about. SDR
Sure thing. It looks like he updated the web site a month or so ago so he still has it. He hasn't been on here in over a year though. I do see his email address on the web site if you had any questions. In the thread he has links to a web site that isn't up any longer. If I recall it was much more detailed in the process. The part that would help you is the work that he did in building the front end.

Are you doing this to a wrecked bike?

Also be sure to check out his Valkyrie conversion. This was his second reverse trike and he mentioned he made some changes based on what he learned from doing the 1100.

http://www.valk3.com/

ETC

You are right, it has been over a year since I was here last as Stealth11. I no longer have the st1100 as I have moved into the direction of RT conversions and the ST was an early prototype which had to be destroyed due to the patent process and non conforming art. I no longer have the page which shows the MC / CT conversion but it was simply a rim switch with a GL1500. On the trikes the CT is almost mandatory as air pressures are lower and the non-leaning configuration is hard on mc tires especially when running 26psi.
I just did a similar rear wheel conversion on a 2007 Victory Kingpin - 18 inch rim to 16 which was a bit more involved than the ST wheel conversion.
The ST is a great bike setup in this RT style template as it is sporty and really handles the back roads (mostly gravel) with ease. And the non-leaning configuration enables higher and more stable corning speeds. I really had a blast beating around with the old ST, it is a great machine. Also the shaft drive machines are much more reliable on dirt and gravel than the belt drive machines.

Bike
2010 ST1300
If gas mileage suffers when towing a trailer behind a bike, then I would assume most trikes do not get high mpg. My guess it has to do with weight and frontal area (wind resistance). Rolling resistance is probably higher with another wheel and this too takes a bite out of the miles per gallon.

This is nothing more than a guess on my part, so lets hear some other opinions (educated or otherwise) on this subject.

ETC

Typically just 1 mpg loss. On my GL1800 I lost only 1mpg and pulling a trailer is transparent for the most part my Valkyrie mpg change was zero. Conventional 1-2 trikes loose up to 10mpg due to high drag. Weight has little effect on millage running down the highway it only has an effect in stop and go situations.

Top Bottom