Michelin PR2 180/55 17 "B" on an ST1300?

Has anyone tried the Michelin PR2 180/55 17 "B" on an ST1300" Apparently the "B" model is designed for 2 up riding. Since it appears I now have a riding partner again I am considering going to one and would like to know if anyone has tried them and what their experience was?

sscharf

I ran one, and didn't like it. It just felt just a bit twitchy in the corners, I never felt comfortable with it. I don't even think that it lasted longer.

steve

Two Brothers

Walking, Talking, and Smiling!
I ran one, and didn't like it. It just felt just a bit twitchy in the corners, I never felt comfortable with it. I don't even think that it lasted longer.

steve
This could have be because the tire was squeezed a little on the rim. Makes the tire a little more "round" and less contact patch.

omniron

...rider of V'GER
Bike
18 Kawi Ninja H2SXSE
I'm not interested in the "B" version -- I do very little 2-up riding. I'm on the final miles of a set of PR2s. They've performed very well, with excellent handling and predictable wear. The rear tire will get about 12,000 miles by the time I change it.

Which brings me to the question: Can a 180/60-17 be mounted on an ST1300 instead of the regular 170/60-17? Does anyone have experience with that tire size on an ST? I know it will fit, but does it handle as well?

Most motorcycle dealers don't stock the 170, but do have the 180. Yes, they can typically order it and have it within a couple of days. However, the Ride Now dealer on Boulder Highway in LV just quoted me a killer price for a rear PR2 -- mounted, balanced, on the bike -- for $110 LESS if I go with the 180 (in stock) vs. the 170 (have to order).

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Nothing probably handles as well as stock for the majority of riders - that is why Honda engineers chose the OEM fitment. But individual riders vary from the majority and you might like how a non-stock size handles for you.

Top Bottom