need input on Roadtec Z8 Interact

Bike
1300A
I am thinking about going to these tires vrs the PR2 or PR3:

Metzeler - Roadtec Z8 Interact Sport Touring Front Tire

Metzeler - Roadtec Z8 Interact Sport Touring Rear Tire

I like to ride in the twisties when I can and go to several of the STOC events each year. But I also ride back and forth to work every day. Will these tires last for the daily comute and the twist runs?

Thanks,

Griff (Jeff)

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
On the Feej, I have used several Z6's and like them a lot for good stickiness in wet or dry, confidence-inspriring in the twisties. The Z8 is a different tread pattern, and I tried a front (CT on the back), hoping it maybe would last a touch longer than a Z6. Grip was the same until I wore the sides off almost until there was no tread left. Then it wasn't gripping as well, of course, had a hairy moment on an on-ramp which was slippery as it had started to rain. Tire life was no different than the Z6, and I like the tread pattern on a Z6 better as it gives you more sipes when the tire wears down.
Bottom line, if you like the Z6 grip, you'll like the Z8. After trying it, I personally have gone back to Z6's as my preference in tread pattern over the Z8.
Someone else can speak for the Z8 rear, but in that case, I'd have no hesitation trying one. Looks good.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I am thinking about going to these tires vrs the PR2 or PR3:

Metzeler - Roadtec Z8 Interact Sport Touring Front Tire

Metzeler - Roadtec Z8 Interact Sport Touring Rear Tire

I like to ride in the twisties when I can and go to several of the STOC events each year. But I also ride back and forth to work every day. Will these tires last for the daily comute and the twist runs?

Thanks,

Griff (Jeff)
Metzeler does not make an 18" Z8 for the front tire of the ST1300.

Top Bottom