Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: SPOT billing $322.08

  1. #1
    Vendor RealST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Poultney, VT
    Posts
    2,526
    Tip Overs
    2
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

    SPOT billing $322.08

    I just got a call from my bank on a weird charge.

    $322.08 posted to my account from GUS Spot Messenger.

    I pulled up my spot account and sure enough, there is a bill for $322.08 out there.

    Anyone else get this charge? Its Saturday so I can not contact them to find out what's up, but that amount is crazy!

    edit:

    Looking at it further, it looks like they are showing an open balance from 2011. Strange thing is this is an auto pay, just like it just did now.

    Now I have to spend a day pulling out old statements and finding out whats going on. :/


    › Site Search for: SPOT billing $322.08
    Larry Jensen

    Sandy the Bus

    SportTouringGear.com Click Here

  2. #2
    Site Supporter redst05's Avatar
    Bike
    05 ST1300
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sauk Rapids, MN
    Posts
    2,500
    2014 Miles
    004000

    My SPOT
    My Gallery

    Re: SPOT billing $322.08

    I checked my account and all is clear of charges like this.. Are you on automatic payment with them??
    Guy Asmus
    Stoc# 6765 IBA# 53254
    05 ST1300
    96 Trophy 900 (sold):
    MSF RiderCoach

  3. #3
    Site Supporter Tom Mac 04a's Avatar
    Bike
    04 ST1300a
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LI , New York
    Posts
    2,701
    Tip Overs
    2
    2014 Miles
    003259

    My SPOT
    My Gallery

    Re: SPOT billing $322.08

    one year with tracking and insurance is give or take $162... sounds like they charged you for two units!

    SPOT: 911; 0.00
    SPOT: Check ; 99.99
    SPOT: Custom; 0.00
    SPOT: Help 0.00
    SPOT: Search 12.95
    SPOT: Tracker 49.99
    Total Service Charges and Credits $ 162.93

  4. #4
    Motorcycle nut the Ferret's Avatar
    Bike
    06 ST 1300
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,126
    2014 Miles
    023021

    My Gallery

    Re: SPOT billing $322.08

    I cancelled my spot unit /service back in January. Didnt seem very reliable and I didn't use it much, plus I don't like being auto billed on CC.
    Harleys 65 M50, 59 XLCH, 49, 56 & 57 Pans, 94 XLCH Hondas 66 CB160, 67 CL77, 68 CB350, 73 CB350F, 67 CB450, 76 CB750K, 85 VF1100S, 00 CB750, 06 ST1300, 13 CB1100, 14 CB1100 Suzukis 76 GT750, 81 GS850G, 83 GS1100E Kawasaki 77 KZ1000 Yamahas 73 RD350, 73 TX650, 79 XS650, 81 XS650, 04 FZ1, 01 FZ1 Triumph 03 Bonneville T-100 BSA 69 750 Rocket 3

  5. #5
    Mandel Mandel's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 ST1300 ABS
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    235
    My Gallery

    Re: SPOT billing $322.08

    None of us like paying the fees, but I think the Spot is an essential safety factor for those who ride and tour alone. I use mine all the time to post updates to my wife. I keep the tracking turned on so people can see where I am and where I'm headed. (Spot recommends that you keep tracking on because if you go down in an area where you can't locate a satellite, they can project your route and have some idea where to find you.) As someone who rides thousands of miles in areas that lack cell coverage, it's reassuring to have the Spot with me. My wife loves to know when I'm done for the day and many times I can't reach her by email or phone, but I can always send a Spot message letting her know I'm OK.

    I've also used it for roadside assistance in my car.

    It's worth every penny to me.

  6. #6
    RCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Stamford, CT
    Posts
    1,844
    2014 Miles
    006000

    My SPOT
    My Gallery

    Re: SPOT billing $322.08

    I have to agree, SPOT is a lifeline tool for me. Where I ride, there is often many, many miles between exits and there is nothing worse than having your engine stop with no cell phone service and the only thing you can hear is the sound of crickets as the sun sets....

    My bill is also $162/year for the subscription portion.
    Bob
    2004 ST1300A

  7. #7
    Vendor
    (Threadstarter)
    RealST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Poultney, VT
    Posts
    2,526
    Tip Overs
    2
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

    Re: SPOT billing $322.08

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandel View Post
    None of us like paying the fees, but I think the Spot is an essential safety factor for those who ride and tour alone. I use mine all the time to post updates to my wife. I keep the tracking turned on so people can see where I am and where I'm headed. (Spot recommends that you keep tracking on because if you go down in an area where you can't locate a satellite, they can project your route and have some idea where to find you.) As someone who rides thousands of miles in areas that lack cell coverage, it's reassuring to have the Spot with me. My wife loves to know when I'm done for the day and many times I can't reach her by email or phone, but I can always send a Spot message letting her know I'm OK.

    I've also used it for roadside assistance in my car.

    It's worth every penny to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    I have to agree, SPOT is a lifeline tool for me. Where I ride, there is often many, many miles between exits and there is nothing worse than having your engine stop with no cell phone service and the only thing you can hear is the sound of crickets as the sun sets....

    My bill is also $162/year for the subscription portion.
    YES, this is an essential service as far as I am concerned. Yes, it is double billing. Like I said, I am on an Auto Billing set up. Not sure why it billed me twice. We are still trying to find out why it actually never billed me last year, but I have to be sure I did not pay it at all via another method. Just odd!

  8. #8
    Coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    3,249
    My Gallery

    Re: SPOT billing $322.08

    Have you checked with Lexi?
    Sent from my shave ice stand using a discarded beer can.


    Black Betty

  9. #9
    Site Supporter George's Avatar
    Bike
    01 ST1100
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Kingman, Arizona
    Posts
    13,844
    Tip Overs
    12
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

    Re: SPOT billing $322.08

    My yearly charge just showed up, $162... a little pricey but I use the hell out of it... (Actually, tho, I use Jason Jonas' SPOTWalla which is much more useful and keeps the data forever for FREE! Just need the SPOT to collect the info,,, wonder how long Google will give away space?)
    George
    "Live Every Moment,,, Love Every Day,,, Because,,, Before you know it,,, Your Precious Time Slips Away... ---REO Speedwagon, via ACL

    Check my albums Picasa

  10. #10
    Vendor
    (Threadstarter)
    RealST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Poultney, VT
    Posts
    2,526
    Tip Overs
    2
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

    Re: SPOT billing $322.08

    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Have you checked with Lexi?
    THAT little .... you are right, I bet she did it,

    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    My yearly charge just showed up, $162... a little pricey but I use the hell out of it... (Actually, tho, I use Jason Jonas' SPOTWalla which is much more useful and keeps the data forever for FREE! Just need the SPOT to collect the info,,, wonder how long Google will give away space?)
    Google gives away nothing! They store every e-mail, pic, data and anything they can get their hands on. They love people like Jason...and us who use spotwalla.

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •