Gamecock vs. Deer at 70mph

TinyL

Wingin It
Bike
2010 Wing
STOC #
Glad to see your OK! I would bet the cost of the plastic will total it. They did not even attempt to fix my 09 with only left side damage. They have to use factory OEM part prices and they are extremely high! I'm sure you will be shopping soon.

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
I'm glad you're Ok Gamecock. Sounds like you fared as well as possible given the circumstances. I Bet Tiny's right about your bike being totaled...

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
These deer strikes are making me believe the weight of the ST is a good thing when you hit one.

Also, Progressive is really quick once they look at the bike. They have laptops with them and cut you a check on the spot.

OP
OP
Gamecock

Gamecock

Hey Y'all, Watch This!
Bike
2006 FJR
These deer strikes are making me believe the weight of the ST is a good thing when you hit one.
I have thought about this a lot since the collision. Like a lot of you, I have in the past, owned a small cruiser in addition to my ST. If I had owned two bikes on Monday, I might very well have chose to ride the cruiser that day. Without the ST's additional mass and substantial fairing between me and the deer, I'm afraid to think what might have happened if I had hit the deer with a cruiser at that speed.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Man, I'm glad you came through that the way you did! I have to wonder how I'd have fared on the Gladius - much smaller, lighter bike...and still relatively new rider! Whew!

Patty

Top Bottom