Crash at OnSTOC! :(

OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Patty:
If you are interested in another option I have a truck and would have no objection to going with you to pick up your bike and truck it back to Lachine if the logistics worked out.
Thanks, Andrew! Wow, you guys are amazing! I'll see how I'm feeling when the time gets closer; if the shoulder blade is sufficiently healed and my back's not too stiff, and if the burn has healed up sufficiently (which it should have, by then), I would like to ride the bike home, as I really need to get back on. But your offer is really appreciated! I'll keep you posted.

Patty,

Sad to hear about the get off but glad it has worked out the way it has. Heal fast, go ride!

While you are over this way in August, if you need a little Italian Riviera relaxation, Ally and I have an extra room. Come take my ST out for a spin.

JD
Aww, thanks, JD!! I would give my eye teeth to take you up on that offer...and maybe I'll be able to one of these days! Unfortunately, I'll only be in Ireland for a week and most of that will be taken up with activities surrounding the very traditional country wedding (barn dance, threshing party, etc.) and visiting with friends there I haven't seen in a long time.
A visit with you and Ally is now on my bucket list, however! :)

Patty

Rodneypieon

Rodney
Bike
2004 ST1300A
That is what makes this site the best one going, people like Andrew that are the norm for this site not the exception - nice offer.

Patty the relization that you need to get back on shows you will, I have no doubt about that ! Just make sure it is not too soon.
I speak from experience, trying things before I was fully healed and putting myself further back. Don't be a guy :) .

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I offered the truck option because I thought you might like to have the bike at home and to be able to go for short rides at the beginning to feel out your limitations. Starting off with a 500 or 600 KM ride can be asking a lot if pain gets the better of you along the way.

SarniaON

Brian Dunning
Site Supporter
Bike
Yamaha Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Wow. Eighteen pages of (almost all) well wishes showing huge support from your fellow riders! Jeff's offer of a caravan of riders back to Montreal sounds intruiging to me if you decide to go this route. Andrew's offer sounds like a good one too. Pleased to hear that you are recovering, albeit gradually, AND that you plan to ride again.

Enjoy your trip to Ireland and hope to see you soon. Time to hop on my STeed and go watch the Canada fireworks at the waterfront in Sarnia at 10 PM.

OP
OP
Peppermint
Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I offered the truck option because I thought you might like to have the bike at home and to be able to go for short rides at the beginning to feel out your limitations. Starting off with a 500 or 600 KM ride can be asking a lot if pain gets the better of you along the way.
Understood and much appreciated, Andrew! And it may indeed come to that; it depends on how quickly things heal up. I'm certainly not intending to do anything dumb (as Rodney said, "Don't be a guy!" :D), so your incredibly kind offer is at the top of the list of possibilities. :)

Wow. Eighteen pages of (almost all) well wishes showing huge support from your fellow riders! Jeff's offer of a caravan of riders back to Montreal sounds intruiging to me if you decide to go this route. Andrew's offer sounds like a good one too. Pleased to hear that you are recovering, albeit gradually, AND that you plan to ride again.

Enjoy your trip to Ireland and hope to see you soon. Time to hop on my STeed and go watch the Canada fireworks at the waterfront in Sarnia at 10 PM.
Thanks Brian, I'll keep you posted on how things are progressing. Hope you enjoyed the fireworks, eh? :CanFlag1:

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
I'll be waving at Patty from the other side of the Irish Sea. :hat1:

Bike
DUCATI Diavel Strada
STOC #
Wooooo!!!... sad to know until now about your crash!!!... it sounds really bad, hope you're in better way. The skin burns cause a little (so much?) pain!!!...thing and learn about your new tires... :4is: and we must...
Glad to ear you in better shape, and hope your fast recover, and ride again!!!!!... And for sure, Scalett and you will be fine!!!
From Tequila land...
Recuperate pronto!!!!

Jorge

Top Bottom