Victory Demo Days

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
So this morning we had a Victory Demo Days semi with the entire line up for our enjoyment.
Last year I rode a Cross Country Tour and fell in love, But this was before my ST came into my life.
So after riding the ST for about 2 months now...I test rode a Victory Vision Tour and I must say....I will take my ST anyday !
I do love the stereo but other than that...keep it.
Don't get me wrong it is a beautiful bike but after the power of the V4 the V twin was sluggish and underpowered for a bike of that size....
Wonder what my thought would be after a BMW K1600 test ride ???

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Interesting post. I traded in my '05 ST for a Vision tour three weeks ago. Got just under 3000 km on it now. Supremely comfortable. No regrets. No question ST's are faster; however, when the need for speed arises, I ride my Varardero. In a nutshell, the ST is a better all-around bike, the Vision is a better long distance touring mount.

OP
OP
brianv
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Catcher,
Yes it was nice to get on the expressway and just sit back and let her move forward. And I guess its like anything else, you would become accustomed to the V-twin.
But for me it saved me a truck load of money...
I am also still a newlywed with my ST.

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
I wonder if the narrator is hooked up with Victory at all? Nonetheless it got my attention... makes me want to check one out for the kind of long distance riding I like to do..

thoughts?
Yes thats a vid by thevog.net (VOG =victory owners group) . The interviewer was even wearing a vest with a big Victory crest on the back ... Shown periodically and the VOG logo was always on the screen, bottom right.

Not commenting on Victory one way or another .... Just saying ...

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I can't use one, there's a guy that works down the street from me that has one and it looks like they only run on nice days, never below 50F or above 85F or when there is rain around ;)

(I do like the Vision... it has nice style/design that doesn't look like it is from WWII )

Bike
03 ST1300
My wife's cousin when from a Wing to a vision. Has it for about two years now. He cant wait to get back to a wing. Maybe some of you seen it at the Mansfield RTE ! I could not believe the size of the paniers on the Vision. There is NO room ... they are half the size of what you would think !

Just sayin

It's no surprise to me that the Victory came out better than a Harley. Victory makes really good bikes. If I was into big cruiser twins, I would be in their showroom.

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
I am a bit of a victory demo ride junkie. I go to 2 or 3 of their demo rides a year. I have rode every thing they make and would take one over a Harley any day. The Vision is a fun bike and handles great. My dad rides a 2008 Arlen Ness Edition Jackpot. The American Victory Rally is taking place in a couple weeks in Spirit Lake, IA. They will have demo rides and factory tours among other things. I like Victory a lot, but I've found the perfect STeed for me, and I know my next bike will be an upgrade to the ST1300.

Top Bottom