Page 501 of 501 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5010

Thread: What did you do with your ST today?

Bike
    ST1300A9 (2013)
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Re: What did you do with your ST today?

Today I fitted half of the brand new pads for the ST1300A9 that I had ordered. Only half because the other half had to go back to David Silver, as they had substituted a 06455-MCS-G02 for the 06455-MCS-R02 that I had ordered. The first being the pad for the pre-2008 models.

The pads look the same but the A8 and later versions have a slightly longer backing plate, and the tabs that contact the pad springs are spaced differently.

David Silver will send me another set. No need to clean the brake grease off the back sir, it isn't your fault, we'll do it and refund your postage.
    I don't like it when things go wrong, but its nice when people admit their error and put it right without fuss.

2. The Following User Likes This Post:

Bike
    1997 ST1100A-T
    My Gallery

6 weeks after the bike was delivered by a friend and stripped I am finally starting to put it back together.
    New exhausts, swing arm out and cleaned / painted with a mud flap fitted for further protection.
    OHC timing belt & pulleys renewed, everything checked / lubed / cleaned.
    I am still convalescing and don't have much stamina or strength so its taking some time, but I'm hoping to be back on the road this time next week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP0414.jpg  
    Live your life.....its not a rehearsal!

4. The Following User Likes This Post:

Bike
    '04 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Mounted both wheels with new tires, Bridgestone Battlax T30 EVO, to replace the worn out Michelin PR4 GT front and rear (<1 mm to the wear bars). I got 15.4 k mi. out of the front and 10.5 k mi. out of the rear. I'm looking forward to seeing how the T30s feel and last.
    Barry

Keeping the blue side up.

Still above the sod ibike2havefun's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My SPOT
    My Gallery

Moved the VA Northern tag, added U to the MD A to Z list, and on the way home noticed I'd lost 4 psi in the rear tire since filling it this morning. It had been losing pressure far too fast for a while and it was high time to figure out why. I'm pretty sure I know, now, what the problem was:

The cap is the TPMS sensor that replaces the valve stem cover. It was not crying wolf... it's a little bigger than a quarter, not so big as a half dollar.

So, I also got to play with my never-before-used tire plugging kit. What better place than one's own driveway, on a warm summer afternoon, to practice emergency roadside procedures?
    -= Keith Adams =-
    Rockville, MD, USA
    STOC # 8824 -- Embarrassingly high but it's mine

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Bike
    2001 Honda ST1100
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ibike2havefun View Post
    What better place than one's own driveway, on a warm summer afternoon, to practice emergency roadside procedures?
    WHAT!?!

For YEARS I've been telling people to be prepared and that you never break down in your own driveway on a nice day with all your tools handy.

Now I can't say that anymore...

Bike
    2004 Honda ST1300abs
    Tip Overs
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ibike2havefun View Post
    Moved the VA Northern tag, added U to the MD A to Z list, and on the way home noticed I'd lost 4 psi in the rear tire since filling it this morning. It had been losing pressure far too fast for a while and it was high time to figure out why. I'm pretty sure I know, now, what the problem was:

The cap is the TPMS sensor that replaces the valve stem cover. It was not crying wolf... it's a little bigger than a quarter, not so big as a half dollar.

So, I also got to play with my never-before-used tire plugging kit. What better place than one's own driveway, on a warm summer afternoon, to practice emergency roadside procedures?
    Here is the kit I have, I have used it once so far, when someone forced me onto the shoulder on my way in to work one night on my F4i. It picked up a self tapping screw in my 1 month old front tire. I ran it with the plug in it for the next 7,000 miles, then I sold the bike. .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bike
    ST1300, 2010
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Hueyf4i
    I ran it with the plug in it for the next 7,000 miles...
    When I picked up a nail in my rear tire on a road trip my buddy plugged the tire and I immediately replaced it at the next Big Box Bike store.

I wish I hadn't. The OEM tire had less than 1500mi on it and replacing it cost $320 parts and labor. On top of that the didn't have a tire in my size and what it was (IDR) wasn't designed for the weight of the bike. Lesson learned: riding on a plugged tire does not ensure a fiery death.
    Don't tell me what I know. Tell me what I don't know.

Ride safe, ride often.

Bike
    2004 Honda ST1300abs
    Tip Overs
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ST Gui View Post
    When I picked up a nail in my rear tire on a road trip my buddy plugged the tire and I immediately replaced it at the next Big Box Bike store.

I wish I hadn't. The OEM tire had less than 1500mi on it and replacing it cost $320 parts and labor. On top of that the didn't have a tire in my size and what it was (IDR) wasn't designed for the weight of the bike. Lesson learned: riding on a plugged tire does not ensure a fiery death.
    I've heard of guys doing the same on front and rear tires with no issues. One guy even ran his rear tire down to threads and the plug still held. . . .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bike
    ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

So I dropped the ST off at my mechanic yesterday.
    Today, after the Curtis RTE, I stopped by on the way home.
    I described the coolant leak, and opined that my electrical gremlin wasn't gone.
    He grabbed the key, and attempted to start. No start, and the Neutral and oil pressure lights on the panel remained on with the key off.
    marker lights were on as well.
    Jeff, the mechanic was glad that he could see the problem, so that he can fix it.
    I'd been thinking and talking of selling the 04 and buying another, but he says that once he finds and fixes this issue, the bike will be good for another 100K

Steve
    Steve Mayer

Bike
    1990 ST1100
    My Gallery

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3585.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	185099

No exciting mechanical/maintenance stuff for me! We finally had a decently nice mid-winter weekend, but I had way too much to do, and only made it out at 3pm Sunday. I had a wonderfully relaxing 250km jaunt through into night time, got to use my heated grips and was toasty warm in my Alpinestars Andes suit. There was a magical sunset along the Kaiaua coast as the sky turned pink and the Coromandel peninsular shaded from green to a dark blue.

14. The Following User Likes This Post:

+ New Posts
Page 501 of 501 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501