Don't forget your Deet

Bike
2010 ST1300
I think I read in Consumer Reports a while back that an insect repellent containing a % of DEET was as effective or better than 100% DEET. I forget what they said, but the number of 40% sticks in my mind.

I also think CR was saying that the less exposure to DEET the better - and since some of the diluted formulations worked better than the pure stuff we should be using them.

Anyone recall seeing this? Update me if my number is wrong.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
My dad used to tell me a couple of drops of oil in a small pond would spread across the surface of the pond and coat the eggs killing them? Fact or fiction?

Bike
92 ST1100
I think I read in Consumer Reports a while back that an insect repellent containing a % of DEET was as effective or better than 100% DEET. I forget what they said, but the number of 40% sticks in my mind.

I also think CR was saying that the less exposure to DEET the better - and since some of the diluted formulations worked better than the pure stuff we should be using them.

Anyone recall seeing this? Update me if my number is wrong.
Avon Skin So Soft IS your 'skeeter' replellant friend.....they also do an arosol specificly for that use;).

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
My dad used to tell me a couple of drops of oil in a small pond would spread across the surface of the pond and coat the eggs killing them? Fact or fiction?
Keeps their larval snorkels from getting air suffocating them. Ponds have critters that eat them. Stagnant water like pools of abandoned houses can be taken care of by chucking some guppies in.

Top Bottom