Motion Pro Bleeder

OP
OP
The Motion Pro worked great. I thought it was much easier than using my Mity-vac. The only issue I had with the Motion Pro was the tube came off the nipple a couple of times. The right front caliper upper bleeder was the worse. I used the tubing that came with the tool on the bleeders, next time I will use thicker tubing.

Thanks,
Tman

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
The Motion Pro worked great. I thought it was much easier than using my Mity-vac. The only issue I had with the Motion Pro was the tube came off the nipple a couple of times. The right front caliper upper bleeder was the worse. I used the tubing that came with the tool on the bleeders, next time I will use thicker tubing.

Thanks,
Tman
I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that you were having problems with the reflector that is mounted in the way LOL which is another reason I remove 'em.
You won't have the problem with the stiffer tubing. For some reason, MP uses really soft tubing that looses its shape after a time or two.
Glad you were open minded enough to try it over your mityvac.
Ride safe

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Thanks Larry!

I have 3 ST1100s, a KLR 650 and 3 cars in the drive way (2 of them with clutches) my MP bleeder will come in next week.

Bike
1992 ST1100
STOC #
Larry it really does work much better than the Mighty Vac. :hat4:

After reading all the hype on here I just had to go for it a couple weeks ago. Last night a finally got a chance to put it to use and it kicked **s over the mighty vac. I had been having trouble getting the vac system to seal properly on the bleeders and even with a helper I could not get rid of all the air. However, no problem with the Motion Pro! Rock solid levers now!

Thanks for being so vocal about an outstanding product. :bow1:

thepaleobiker

Paleo, Runner, Spiritual, Dancer
Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
This is a great thread, and it has inspired me to ge the MP bleeder. Larry, I've seen your excellent instructions on the first page of this thread, but I had a few small questions/clarifications :-

I've read the instructions for filling up the reserviors at this excellent page but they unfortunately do not give a good explanation of how the reserviors would be emptied (they assume the reserviors are empty)

Having read all the posts on this thread, here is my summary (a complete noob's summary - I still am unsure of a few things)

1) MC on center-stand - Start with Rear Reservior, then go to the front brake, and finally the clutch (order of fluid change for ease..)
2) Open the rear reservior cap, attach the MP Bleeder to nipple and get ready (nipple to MP to fluid catching container)
3) Losen up the nipple, so that fluid starts to go low in the reservior, but make sure it doesnt go all dry - when it gets close to emplyting, add more fluid (any comments here??)
4) All this while the nipple is still open, allowing the flow to continue - If flow slows down, close nipple, slightly pump the rear brake pad with hand/feet, loosen up nipple, flow continues ( Am I correct here??)
5) Once all the fluid coming out of the MP looks clean, its all done for the rear brake - Make sure to have fluid level in reservior between low & high marked levels. Close everything

Front Brake Reservior

6) Open up the brake reservior as shown in diagram below

7) Connect the MP Bleeder to front brake nipple and get ready (nipple to MP to fluid catching container)
8) Losen up the nipple, so that fluid starts to go low in the front brake reservior, but make sure it doesnt go all dry - when it gets close to emplyting, add more fluid (any comments here??)
9) All this while the nipple is still open, allowing the flow to continue - If flow slows down, same process as mention in above rear brake (except you'll pump the front brake lever)
10) Once all the fluid coming out of the MP looks clean, its all done for the front brake - Make sure to have fluid level in reservior between low & high marked levels. Close everything up.

Can someone comment on the steps above? Am I missing out on any steps/important things to keep in mind? And again, immense thanks to this thread for all the info. I'll make sure to take pictures to complement the info already on this thread.

Regards,
Vishnu

thepaleobiker

Paleo, Runner, Spiritual, Dancer
Bike
2006 ST1300A "Vikki"
STOC #
I made a noob mistake by posting in the ST1300 thread, my apologies Larry! You helped a lot, thanks a ton for the call. I've a better understanding now, I've also followed your tip about reading the service manual :D

Regards,
Vishnu

Bike
1&2 2005 ST1300ABS's
STOC #
thepaleobiker said:
Can someone comment on the steps above? Am I missing out on any steps/important things to keep in mind? And again, immense thanks to this thread for all the info. I'll make sure to take pictures to complement the info already on this thread.
Vishnu
Read/Watch these 3 threads, I'm sure it will be a lot clearer for you once you see the pictures & video.
If your using a motion pro bleeder, just substitute it in where they are using the vacuum bleeder in the pictures.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?68913-ST1300-Brake-Fluid-Replacement

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?109878-ST1300-Brake-Bleed-Procedure-VIDEO

The article below is one of the best write ups that I have read on the ST1300 brakes.
Thanks John.
Read his article to refresh your memory every time you do maintenance on your brakes.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?135125-ST1300-Brakes-Avoiding-the-Pitfalls

Al

Top Bottom