970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
+1 on what mike said. PR2's go from wear bars to "my life is in danger" in a heartbeat.

wear.jpg
I had to find a tire on the road as I was about 200 miles from home. Never again will I try to push a tire for a couple extra miles out of it!! :)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I had to find a tire on the road as I was about 200 miles from home. Never again will I try to push a tire for a couple extra miles out of it!! :)
If you lived in Dallas, that tire would last you at least another month.. :rofl1:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
What when the weather cools down there?? :D I love this weather here only about 80 here today which makes my tires last longer!!
It's about 80 here too... give or take 20...

Bike
Honda ST1300A
Hi K
Change the tires , I 'm just at 10k with same tires wear bars and cupping ...tires are done
Bernie

Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
I got 17K & 16K out of my last two sets. Took at Trip from FL to El Paso a couple of weeks ago with over 12k on them covered 3500 miles and the only reason i changed them was that my rear picked up a nail (which I could find - so I had to keep sotpping for air the last 500 miles, bad thing is I have multiple tire reapir kits and a compressor). Unless they are in bad shape I would say you should be good.

OP
OP
kevinh
Bike
04 Honda ST1300
STOC #
I got 17K & 16K out of my last two sets. Took at Trip from FL to El Paso a couple of weeks ago with over 12k on them covered 3500 miles and the only reason i changed them was that my rear picked up a nail (which I could find - so I had to keep sotpping for air the last 500 miles, bad thing is I have multiple tire reapir kits and a compressor). Unless they are in bad shape I would say you should be good.
Would sure like to know what you are doing to get such high miles on them! What tire pressure, etc.?

I put a new set of PR3's on the bike this weekend. If it weren't for this upcoming 3k mile trip, I would have left the PR2's on a while longer for daily commuting and short trips to finish out the remaining tread. But, they are pretty close to the wear bars. I'll keep them around for spares.

Bike
'05 ST1300
Good day all. Well, I wish I could tell Gizmo and kevinh what special tricks I had used to get such good mileage. Just had both changed, and recorded mileage: 34,797 km or 21,619 miles. I kept them religiously at 41 PSI, as recommended by Schroader's Honda in NC where they were installed. My local dealer here in Fredericton NB said they were "pretty much done" but no cord showing, no damage etc. The front was just barely at the wear bar and the left side of the rear was far more worn than the right (hey attributed this to road crown). So, I have a new set of PR2s on now and will happily advise mileage. Heading for TX with the toy hauler from Dec to Apr and hope to get in some good rides in the Hill Country. Cheers to all, PK

OP
OP
kevinh
Bike
04 Honda ST1300
STOC #
Don't ride in Arkansas. Our roads are like 40 grit sandpaper.
Mike
Uh-oh. I am going to spend all next week (six days) taking a vacation to ride Arkansas roads. Plan on staying near Rogers, AR and hitting a bunch of the excellent roads your state has to offer. I think I would prefer to have 40 grit roads that are fun to ride than excellent smooth blacktop in the land of Oz (Kansas) where we have 11 curves in 318 miles.

Top Bottom