Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 9th Annual MLR

Bike
    BMW R1200RT
    My Gallery

9th Annual MLR

Well I'm starting the thread for next years moonshine lunch run!!!!! As our website states, the date for the actual event is April 13th. There was a lot of talk this year as to how to continue the event. I personally would like to move the event to a 3 day instead of a 4 day event. So I would like it to start on Friday and end on Sunday. So my opinion is that we have Bolin's BBQ for lunch on Friday, Richards Farm with the awards banquet Friday night, moonshine Saturday, Casey fire department chili supper Saturday night, and breakfast Sunday morning. I haven't talked to the board of regents about this but hopefully this thread will start some conversations and we can narrow down the event by the end of the year so Jody can open the registration and website on January 1st. With some changes happening locally, I need to make sure that Terry's farm is still available for us to use for the camping and for friday lunch. I'm thinking of safety green for a shirt color this year. If we do shorten to a 3 day event, that doesn't mean people can't come in early and camp at the farm. The hardest thing for me about this whole event is trying to lock down something for everyone to do for Fridays rte. Finding someplace for 300 people to eat together is kind of hard to do. So that's the main reason I would like to do the BBQ on Friday instead of Thursday evening. Thus eliminating Thursday. This event is very important to me and many others to be continued, so I hope everyone can chime in some opinions and lets keep a good thing going!!!!

Bike
    2004 ST1300A
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

Re: 9th Annual MLR

Wow. Hard to believe this will make the 9th one already. I will be attending...

Even with three days worth of events that's alot of work Jason. I have no problem with that. Thanks for all you do for this as well as all of the others who help also...
    Scooter

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

Bike
    2006 Ninja 650R
    2014 Miles:

My SPOT
    My Gallery

I will be there, no matter what the plan is Jason!
    2006 Ninja 650R "DLW" - his
    2000 ZR7 "Blue" - hers
    1994 ST11 "Kita" - RIP, 1988 C10 "Jesse" - RIP, 2001 Shadow Sabre - Sold, 1995 Vulcan 750 - Sold
    http://smashrides.blogspot.com/

Bike
    2010 Gold Wing
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

Jason, it started out as an RTE on Saturday. All the rest is just icing on the cake. If the Farm is open for camping, it will be my choice of stay, but the KOA is closer to Moonshine! Many folks are going to St Louis for BBQ on Friday instead of Tim's ride. Like Smash said, most will be there no matter what the plan is. If I lived closer, I could help. Maybe I should move back to OH, new, I don't think so!!!
    '06 ST 1300 79,673 miles (gone but never to be forgotten!!!)
    '10 GL 1800 118,442 miles
    '13 GL 1800 9,372 miles

Bike
    2002 ST1100
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

To paraphrase some famous saying .... "If you plan it, they will come".... It's already on my '13 calendar. Thank you in advance for all the effort you put into keeping this going. Jim

Bike
    '03 ST1300A
    2014 Miles:

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Chief View Post
    I'm thinking of safety green for a shirt color this year.
    Don't they call that "John Deer Green" in that part of the country?

1-Day or 12-Day...I'm all in The Saturday for a Moonburger is a must....whatever other days all my friends will be there,,, SO SHALL I
    Khris

Need a tire change in Northern California? I have a No-Mar changer....PM me and we'll get you taken care of.

Bike
    03 ST 1300
    Tip Overs:
    2014 Miles:

My SPOT
    My Gallery

Jason - Do what works for YOU. We are big boys and girls. We can find food, lodging or what ever it takes to attend. I like the idea of the change. Not really good riding around the area, so lets just sit, eat and BS.

Looking forward to seeing you and the gang.

Kevin
    Kevin Elliott

2003 ST1300
    STOC # 6495
    IBA # 39340

Bike
    2005 Concours
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

Jason,
    Good Lord willing, I'll be there!!!!! I have been looking forward to the 2013 "Moonshine Rondeveous"
    all summer. Green is fine with me. I really liked that look when I was at FerrySTOC. I plan on camping at the farm, if it's still available. I think the 3 day plan is fine. Keep up the great work you and the others are doing to keep this GREAT event going. It is truly a fine testamonial to ACL.
    C-ya in the Spring.....John/Sourkraut

Bike
    ST1300
    Tip Overs:
    2014 Miles:

My Gallery

We have already made our plans as well see you al there.
    STOC # 5079
    AMA # 948456
    IBA # 32834
    2003 ST 1300
    STeve USAF Ret.

Bike
    1991 ST1100
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    I will be there, no matter what the plan is Jason!
    It'll be my first one, so I'll be watching with enthusiasm.

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast