radar bluetooth dongle Sena?

Bike
ST1300 '08
does anyone know if the Bel radar detectors can be blue-toothed via dongle to the Sena headset? I am presently using the mini cable from Bel to headset - it works.. but is cumbersome. other blue-tooth/dongle routing option (?) via GPS unit?

thanks -

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
If it has an ear jack, YES it can be BT to the Sena headset...I use a BT by Jabra A120 for my gps.

A couple of things to remember ... You have 3 BT imputs to the Sena. 1-A2DP for stereo , 1- HST heaset for usu phone, 1- intercom (tho it holds 3 adresses)(( does the lastest update do group?))
You can't use the Sena input jack AND the A2DP at the same time... plug into the jack and the a2dp bt quits

So, if it has a ear jack, get a cheap BT dongle and it should work fine

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300 '08
ordered a dongle.. so, I pair it with the phone button, not the jog dial, right?? thanks again -

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
It should pair to the A2DP if its an A2DP dongle... only problem you may have is it's stereo and if the radar is mono, you may only hear it in one ear. Might need a stereo to mono adapter for both ears... better yet make a short extension plug ( m to f , stereo to mono ) so there's no wear tear on your radar jack if unplugging all the time.
Only testing will tell

OR as a thought (haven't tested it) you could make your extension having one mono unit (radr) on the left ear and another mono unit (gps) on the right! :)

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300 '08
when I've used it wired to the SENA, I've used a stereo-to-mono plug. I suppose that creates a bit of weight on the BEL jack.. I intend to use that same adaptor when the dongle arrives. I suppose I could put some black tape on it or something to help alleviate stress on the output. thanks again -

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
If you use something like the Bekin Rockstar
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Rockstar-Multi-Headphone-Splitter/dp/B00475K64E
You can hook up all your stuff to it including the bluetooth dongle. No strain or stress on any of the jacks. I use this and have it in my RF glovebox. I leave the GPS/MP3/RD/BT dongle hooked up all the time to it. Lots of volume with my V1 detector, even though it is only in one ear. GPS/MP3 are stereo and great volume. Phone - not so sure since I don't bother hooking my phone up.
I wear foam earplugs and can hear just fine up to speeds where you should be paying close attention to the road anyway.
Rod

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300 '08
excellent drrod. I'll get one of those too.. cheap enough to be worth fooling with. thanks !

Top Bottom