Punctured new PR3

Bike
09 ST1300A
I can't believe it but I found a small nail and a 6-32 x1" screw in my brand new rear PR3 after only 500 miles.

Thankfully the 2 punctures I plugged with the Stop n Go plugs seems to be holding up just fine, I did 200 miles yesterday, pressure still good.

Bike
1200RT, 1200GS
STOC #
Just after buying my new (to me) ST1300 I discovered a 4" nail in the rear tire. It entered through the tread and exited through the side wall. New tire time.

Hope your patch holds.

Byron

STOC #
Glad you found them when you were able to take care of the problem early instead of when you couldn't.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Yep, and since the tire industry says it's so dangerous to patch a motorcycle tire, peel off another pair of c-notes and fork 'em over.

If a shop does the repair, you might sue them if it doesn;t hold, cause it happened, nobody can tell me where, but they know it has. It's all liability, that's why Slime and Stop-n-Go keep selling tire repair kits, cause they want to get sued.

Glad ya got it fixed, I've just about worn out my rear that I patched some 4k miles ago. Now when it goes through the tread and the sidewall, well you know the tire industry just flat out planted that one.

Lost Dutchman

Joe M.
STOC #
I had a puncture in mine also at 1000 miles. Plugged it and got home. I don't have any qualms about running on a plugged tire, but this one was a little close to the sidewall, so I decided to also patch it from the inside.

Took the tire off an found the screw had torn into the sidewall from the inside.:( So lesson learned it to watch for the longer objects in tires to account for what the may hit on the inside.
100_0617.jpg 100_0618.jpg

Louie Louie

Happened to my rear PR3 as well. Small nail. Used stop n go system with the rubber mushroom and it sealed very well. Im going to leave it as it is for now. Don't see the necessity of buying a new rear tire but will monitor it!

OP
OP
Ken Valkyrie
Bike
09 ST1300A
Just an update.
It is 1,100 miles and two months later since I had to put two Stop-n-Go plugs in my new PR3 rear tire.
The pressure has been holding just fine.

Top Bottom