Riders Assistance 2012 ST1300 ABS brakes, just a note of thanks

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Just a note of thanks to those who helped my buddy. Byron for posting our problem, Blrfl for answering and STGolfer for making sure I received the cure.

This was the problem and cure.

The ABS intermittently came on and according to Gabriel the brakes were applied, all my themselves, is this even possible, is there pump in the ABS system?

Anyway, the mechanic told us the sensor was bad, they had one in stock and they would replace it. They also told us he needed to have his brakes bleed, really, 400 miles after he had the brakes bleed. He agreed, just to get out of there. We saw the mechanic leave, cool the bike is done. He went to pay the bill, there was no record of the sensor being replaced. The service gal told us, the mechanic told her the sensor did not need to be replaced. Apparently, somewhere within the 20 feet of the desk and the shop there was a miracle. He paid the $80, road the bike 80 feet to the front of the building and the ABS light comes back on, turned around to take it back to the shop, the light goes out. We're done, I pull out my hex wrench and Gabriel decides he wants to get going, if the light comes back on, we'll pull the fuse...still waiting for the light to come on.

Does the black color of his bike and the month being October, have anything to due with his problem?

Thaks again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom