Look what followed me home 2013 BMW K1600GT

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Just curious. Would everyone have been as congratulatory if it had been a new FJR? Beautiful bike. Enjoy!
My personal opinion is the FJR is the best looking of all the Sport Touring bikes out there.. that's right, that's what I think about it. The new changes, although not a ground-up re-build, make it even more attractive.

I do wish it had more protection from tip overs but that's just the difference between the yamaha and ST.. I still like my ST a lot and I'm not planning on a new bike until I see what Honda has in mind with the ST in the next year or two.. then we'll see but the FJR is high on my list if Honda doesn't do anything... or, I'll keep the ST for a while.. nothing wrong with that either.

So many great bikes to choose from.. as usual..

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Nice Chris very nice. I like the 1600 a lot.
My dad always told me when I got a new bike 'look after it and it will look after you'
Works for me, ride safe.

Bike
2005 ST1300
oh horrors it's not an ST! Just kidding, I'm very jealous. She's just beautiful. You know what they say once you've tried black you never go back.:D

Bike
97 ST11/06 ST13A
STOC #
I have ridden mine over 30,000 now and love it. It looks bigger than it handles.
Some advice:
Keep up with the software up dates
Get the top box light it is very dark in the back.
Do not baby it it loves RPM
use Michelin PR3 tires they are great on this bike.
Learn how to check the oil (it is harder than it sounds and it uses for the first 1500)
Bruce

Loooverly looking bike and a bonus for unpacking it too............what these software updates you mention Bruce how come a new bike would need them?

Jammaman

R.I.P. - 2022/02/02
Rest In Peace
very nice ride. Congrats, at the rate BMW's are being purchased we may have to start consuming brats as well as beer. ride safe.

Doug /Jamman

OP
OP
Chris Parker
STOC #
Thanks guys for the comments... got over 1500 miles on her now and it is indeed a bike that continues to amaze me... the get up and go is intoxicating. A few things I have added since my last report... got the BMW bag liners (all around), the BMW tank bag, and I added the top case brake light at the 600 mile break in service. Rode down to Atlanta to the IMS show and the bike just ate up the miles. So far, so good!

Darth rider

Site Supporter
Bike
BMW K1600 GT
Chris,
How many miles do you have on her now? Any mechanical issues?

Thanks guys for the comments... got over 1500 miles on her now and it is indeed a bike that continues to amaze me... the get up and go is intoxicating. A few things I have added since my last report... got the BMW bag liners (all around), the BMW tank bag, and I added the top case brake light at the 600 mile break in service. Rode down to Atlanta to the IMS show and the bike just ate up the miles. So far, so good!

OP
OP
Chris Parker
STOC #
Jeff,

Sorry for the late reply.... no problems as of yet... close to 5,000 miles on her since October 10th. What I have been adding is accessory after accessory to the bike... the ONLY thing that I have not added from BMW's catalog is the ground lighting... I have added the fog lights, the top case brake light, all BMW bag liners, the GT tank bag... all after delivery, on top of the engine bars, the top case itself, Nav IV, side case protection strips, Gerbing's pigtail off of the battery, iPod connector cable. The latest was the Tech-Spec USA fairing protection kit (I only installed the side panel sections. So far, so good... this bike really is impressive, the torque and power delivery is intoxicating... and interestingly enough, I have gotten used to the weight over my RT and GS. Tires are shot though, I upgraded to PR3's over the stock Bridgestones... I hear better tread life is to be had with the Michelins... hope that helps.

Top Bottom