Look what followed me home 2013 BMW K1600GT

Bike
BMW K1600GT
Loving my GT too! Welcome to the club. Sounds like you've not yet invested in a seat. Make sure when you do that you check KonTour out. Not the most popular choice, but many of us think it's the best one.

OP
OP
Chris Parker
STOC #
Jeff, I have always had Sargent Seats on my bikes (ST1300, R1200RT, R1200GS)... got my name on one for pre-order, but you know what, I have been on some LONG rides and the stock seat works for me... can't believe it... it is very comfortable. So I may keep it... BTW, I have a friend with a GSA and the Kontour seat... pretty remarkable... works so good that he has take it off in the winter time lest he freeze his... well, you know...

Raj_Zin

AKA Steve
Bike
FJR1300A
STOC #
Nah, the mold is intact. That's why the bike hasn't changed for 10 years. They musta broke the mold making machine and thus can't do anything new.

Bike
03 ST1300A
looking at the specs, the k1600 is very close in weight to the ST, being a inline 6 motor in theory it should be very smooth, maybe as smooth as a goldwing. But, reading about all the failure stories on internet, such as pinion gear snap in half while doing a U-turn, trany clunkness, final drive clunkness, mysterious engine knock that need the engine be taken out and shipped to GE to fix, water pump failures, I immediately backed off from the idea to check out one at my close by dealer.

Top Bottom