Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FerrySTOC 4

Vegetation Terrorist treemuncher's Avatar
    Bike
    '07 ST1300A
    My Gallery

FerrySTOC 4

Same event, about the same time at the same place! The Tourism League has granted me funds to host this again so expect a big tent in case of rain, free camping and rides on local ferries.
    --> RSVP Here <--

The basic theme: There are 4 major rivers (Tennessee, Cumberland, Ohio and Mississippi) and 4 working ferries (Houston-Benton Ferry, Cumberland Ferry, Cave-In-Rock Ferry and the Dorena-Hickman Ferry respectively) within my area that act as the ride objectives for an event. It's not many days that a motorcycle rides over water without being on a bridge and many of the back river roads are the most scenic and least traveled routes around.

Location: Paris Landing State Park http://www.tennessee.gov/environment.../ParisLanding/
    on the Tennessee River (Kentucky Lake) will be event headquarters and accomodations site. Hotel, cabins, campground and restaraunt offer multiple lodging options on site. Other accommodations and local info can be found at http://visitparislanding.com This local area is within an 8 hour drive from most of the major cities within the Midwest, South and central regions of the country. See attached map for details of the 8 hour drivetime map.

Destinations: The 4 basic ferries plus more options along the way - RTE at Lambert's Throwed Rolls in Sikeston, MO or Kirchoffs Deli in Paducah, KY or Cave-In-Rock State Park restaurant overlooking the Ohio River, Pattie's in Grand Rivers, KY. General sightseeing stops at Garden of the Gods in Shawnee Natl Forest, Land Between The Lakes, Fort Donelson Battlefield and many more. There is always something to see or do close by. For those who can't get enough dirt and like to DS it, there is always plenty of gravel throughout LBL or south in Houston and Humphrey Counties.

Timing: This can always be iffy with the fluctuating river elevations in the spring time. The Mississippi River and the Ohio River will be the most affected by the high waters and the ferries are often closed due to high water levels in the spring. Routes will be changed as required. The river roads offer some of the best touring available.

I will post proposed routes on GPS map files as I get them drawn up. Bring your water wings and your pink tutus!

Menu for the state park's restaurant : http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/...buffetmenu.pdf

If you are not into camping and would prefer to motel it, there is the state park hotel or these 2 other local motels who are on the Tourism League

Linda Sutherland
    Paris Landing Motel
    15515 U.S. 79 Buchanan, TN 38222
    (731) 642-0217

Sharon Seaton
    Fishtale Lodge
    14275 Hwy. 79 North
    Buchanan, TN 38222
    1-731-642-7113

I will definitely plan a RTE at Lambert's Throwed Rolls in Sikeston, MO again. We had many good reviews from that ride and meal.

No shirts this year.

Updates: 5-10-2013

Thursday
    9 AM local ride if anyone is interested - email or call me if interested
    6 PM Free BBQ at campground - bring your own drinks

Friday
    7:30 AM group ride departs for Lambert’s Throwed Rolls in Sikeston, MO - show up with a full tank of fuel!
    11 AM Lambert’s Throwed Rolls for lunch – be ready to carry left overs
    5:30 PM Pie – Ice Cream & Coffee by the Paris Landing Seniors at the campground
    7 PM – equipment demonstration for those interested – GPS coord N36 28.784 W88 06.561 then follow private dirt road along north side of building to N36 28.763 W88 06.040

Saturday
    6:45AM Wounded Warriors send off at marina – meet at old bridge section (PENDING VERIFICATION FOR THIS YEAR)
    7:30 AM group ride to the Kirchoff's Deli in Paducah, KY
    11::30 AM Kirchoff's Deli for lunch
    12:30 PM group ride continues to Cave In Rock Ferry then back to camp via LBL routing
    6:00 PM Dinner location TBD by vote - catfish, pizza, buffet or other

Sunday
    Meet for breakfast at Dodd’s Country Store 14300 Highway 79 N Buchanan, TN
    Local ride if anyone interested

Free BBQ Thursday night
    RTE Lambert's on Friday
    RTE Kirchoff's on Saturday
    Pie with the Senior Center on Friday night

Routing - having issues loading GPX files. I've combined 5 routes into 1 file in 2 different formats. My Montana requires Direct format, others may be able to use Motorcycle routed formats. My ADV loops are too large to post due to the number of roads and turns. I will try to have some of these available on paper at the tent.

Link to state's Tennessee Historic Trails for more local destinations / information http://tntrailsandbyways.com/trail/1...ver-trail/?p=4
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by treemuncher; 05-12-2013 at 01:38 PM.
    theICEdevice
    It's more important in the event of an accident than clean underwear!

2. › Site Search for: FerrySTOC 4
    Bike
    2007 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    2014 Miles

My Gallery

Re: FerrySTOC 4 May 16-19, 2013 Paris Landing SP, TN

I plan on making it this year. I' will be off work at that time. So I hope to see you in May.

Bike
    2007 ST1300A
    My Gallery

Not sure I'll make this year's jaunt ....

Newbie on his second ST1300 T_C's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 St1300
    Tip Overs
    2014 Miles

My Gallery

Need a new bike, but hopefully I have one by then. Count me in.
    1 drop in reverse, so is that a minus 1? 205/50-17 Goodyear TripleTred, 130/70-18 Pirelli Sport Demon (rear)
    While you're alive, shine: never let your mood decline. We've a brief span of life to spend: Time necessitates an end.

Newbie on his second ST1300 T_C's Avatar
    Bike
    2005 St1300
    Tip Overs
    2014 Miles

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by treemuncher View Post

Location: Paris Landing State Park http://www.tennessee.gov/environment.../ParisLanding/

Menu for the state park's restaurant : http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/...buffetmenu.pdf
    Randy,
    Your links to the SP and buffet got butchered in the middle.

Corected locations is:
    Paris Landing park

aka: http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/ParisLanding/

and

the buffet

aka: www.tn.gov/environment/parks/ParisLanding/docs/buffetmenu.pdf

Cya there,
    T

Bike
    2013 Super Tenere
    My Gallery

I hope to make this event. Too far out to be sure.
    Mike
    "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way" Viktor E. Frankl

Bike
    ST1300
    Tip Overs
    2014 Miles

My Gallery

Randy this is always a good time 'cept the weather, I'll be there if at all possible.

Bob
    “Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself”--Mark Twain

Vegetation Terrorist
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    '07 ST1300A
    My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
    Randy this is always a good time 'cept the weather, I'll be there if at all possible.

Bob
    I'll have us a "big top" and free camping again in case the weather turns bad. At least we will have a reasonably dry social area and a place to serve pie!

Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Randy I fullly intend on making the trip agh this coming yr., will update actuality of same as date approaches, AS for shirts, heck yes.take care and enjoy

Doug/JammaMan

Site Supporter
    2014 Miles

My Gallery

This Is always a great time, count me in and I vote for Lamberts home of the Rolls.

Greg

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast