Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coyote Honda / WARNING

Blue is faster!!!
    My Gallery
    Brian, sorry to hear of the dealer incompetence you experienced. I must say that I'm not surprised. I knew in my mind they weren't going to do 75% of your list when I read it. I have read where guys swear they have a good dealer only to find out sooner or later they were mistaken. Best of luck to you on getting the fuel leak resolved. I don't know that I would trust them to get that done properly.

Ray

2. › Site Search for: Coyote Honda / WARNING
    My Gallery

Techs

Others probably have actual knowledge, but from my experiance, MC Techs ( good or bad ) seem to move from shop to shop often.
    I liked dealer #1, until some shotty work was done - because I waited for my bike I saw everyone in the shop.

Then I moved to dealer #2 good guys, knew their stuff. Then I noticed the a tech from dealer #1 working at dealer #2. He told me some stuff ( according to him my bike didn't pass safety inspection -tread depth ), I didn't use the shop. A few months later he left, although now I do most of my own stuff - its the best way to go.
    I understand a tech I respected, moved from dealer #2 to dealer #1 ... for now.

Just my $0.02 , good luck with you situation

Tom de
    Tom de

<a href=http://www.st-owners.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2322&dateline=1172069204 target=_blank>http://www.st-owners.com/forums/imag...ine=1172069204</a>

People buy horsepower, but they drive torque...

My Gallery
    Sounds like I need to learn as much as I can about doing my own service.

Bike
    V-Strom 1000
    My Gallery
    Hourly rates for bike service are not chump change anymore so there's really no excuse for not having a qualified tech to do the work but getting a bike serviced always seems to be crap shoot.

I bought my ST at Western Honda and thus far have no real complaints about their service other than being a bit slow.

Far better than my experience when I called a certain Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki "motorsports" shop about service costs on the ST1300 before I bought it. The guy that answered the service phone when asked about prices for major and minor services on an ST1300 asked me "Is that a boat?"
    Doug K.
    STOC #5765
    '05 ST1300 (gone but not forgotten)
    '06 V-Strom 1000

Bike
    ST1100
    Tip Overs
    2014 Miles

My Gallery
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemxr

Far better than my experience when I called a certain Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki "motorsports" shop about service costs on the ST1300 before I bought it. The guy that answered the service phone when asked about prices for major and minor services on an ST1300 asked me "Is that a boat?"
    Same experience: When I bought an air cleaner for the ST1100 I was asked if this was for a Honda motorcycle... and he had just looked up the part number in his parts catalog!....

+1 on: AVOID RIDENOW (formally AZMOTORSPORTS) and all their affiliates.

Mark

Brian,

Thanks for the info, but sorry to hear you are in this mess. I had some work done at Coyote and was happy with it, but it was no where near as extensive and demanding as yours. I also posted about my satisfaction, but will add to my post and link it to yours.

This kind of treatment is totally unacceptable and frost my butt!! I've had it with cages in the past and it leaves you is a tight spot, give them another try or never return again? I know what I would do....bite my nose to despite my face and never look back...but that's me!

I wish there was someting I could help with, even if it was as lame as voicing my opinion with the owner my disfaction of them screwing over a fellow ST'er. For sure I will avoid future service with them.
    Best Regards.....George
    --------------------
    05 ST1300A (sold, with a tear in my eye!)
    02 VTR1000 SuperHawk (sold...garage is down to only 2 bike....like almost empty!!!)
    06 DL650 V-Strom (sold...what a fool!)
    06 ZX-14 Ninja (arguably the fastest production street bike on the planet!)
    91 Yamaha FZ600R (training bike)

Nick Cross
    Bike
    ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery
    I can only sympathize with your situation and understand your reaction. One of the great benefits of this site is that we can make a dealer pay for negligent or shoddy service by collectively avoiding his service department in the future. Hopefully Coyote will lose a lot more than just your business.

I've been lucky with my dealer - they don't get many ST's and the guys seem genuinely interested in the bike.

Hope everthing works out for you.
    Nick C

Bike
    05 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery
    I forwarded your comments to my contact at North Valley Honda. He said he may be able to make our Meet n Greet this Tuesday. Of all the valley dealers North Valley I think is going to have the best chance of giving reliable consistant service. The have the contract to setup and maintain most of the ST1300P bikes in the area.
    Always remember, Keep the Shiny Side Up and the Rubber Side Down
    Mark
    STOC#6086 SWR#177
    '05 ST1300 '01 BMW F650GS ABS

Bike
    2014 FJR 1300A
    My Gallery
    Man, that's a load of you know what--but that's why I have learned to do most of my own maintenance. Like the other commenters, I just don't understand why a phone call to you about the oil and other items could not have benefited all.

On not adjusting the counter balanacers. It is so simple, unless you are deaf and cannot distinquish between a high pitched squeal and no squeal!!
    I would really like to know what the liability is and why Honda doesn't suggest the adjustment. Usually a part is painted if it is not to be adjusted and I have not seen any paint on any of the nuts and clamps relative to the counter balancer shafts. The procedure is in the service manual.

Starter valve synch. Maybe the tech did not want to be running the engine after reinstalling the fuel injectors because HE KNEW THEY WERE LEAKING!

Interesting comment about Class B mechanics. We all should check with various Honda Service Managers to see if such mechanic classifications actually exist. If we determine that there are Honda mech classifications, it would then follow to find out if a particular dealer has any Class A mechanics.

Good luck. If you don't get satisfaction, we can have a mini AZ tech to do the counter balancers and check your starter valve synch.
    John L. Wilson
    Green Valley, AZ
    STOC 090
    IBA 16288

Bike
    ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery
    Sorry to hear about your dealings with these guys. I'm not surprised. Most these guys can do is basic repair items. Asking them to fix the stuff you did was obviously over their capabilities.

I would firstly talk to the Manager about how HE can fix the problem. If you don't get anywhere, stop the payment through the credit card company and then get on to the manager about this situation.

Lawyers later!
    CRZNDOG STOC# 5775
    -----------------------------------------------------
    It's all a joke! You arrive crying and you leave laughing.

+ New Posts
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast