Geigerrig Hydration System

Louie Louie

Im wanting to purchase one of these but have heard that they are not motorcycle friendly. In other words, Ive heard(Hearsay) that you have to stop every time to open the nozzle and that the tube is difficult to reach. Im interested in the 500 model.
I own a camelback. I live in the Hot desert and looking for a better alternative, if any.
Feedback, links and advice welcomed!
Thank You
Louis

http://www.geigerrig.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

TinyL

Wingin It
Bike
2010 Wing
STOC #
I bought one of there 2L Hydration engines and a power bulb holder and extended the hose to 4 foot and insulated the hose. I drop the bladder in a Polar Bear 12 can cooler on the back seat and it works great! Bulb attached to cooler handle. I was having trouble drawing water from my previous Platypus system with the long hose. 2L bladder is perfect fit in the cooler with room to spare for some ice. Top quality stuff and price is reasonable I think! It is nice also to be able to spray the water to clean up or cool off on the road!

OP
OP

Louie Louie

I bought one of there 2L Hydration engines and a power bulb holder and extended the hose to 4 foot and insulated the hose. I drop the bladder in a Polar Bear 12 can cooler on the back seat and it works great! Bulb attached to cooler handle. I was having trouble drawing water from my previous Platypus system with the long hose. 2L bladder is perfect fit in the cooler with room to spare for some ice. Top quality stuff and price is reasonable I think! It is nice also to be able to spray the water to clean up or cool off on the road!
Thanks for that. Do you have any problems using the nozzle at highway speeds?

TinyL

Wingin It
Bike
2010 Wing
STOC #

Thanks for that. Do you have any problems using the nozzle at highway speeds?
No problem at all. I have a flip up helmet so drinking is easy at any speed. Before that I used to just cram it under or over chin bar and could still drink. Can also give yourself a shot in the face if needing a little cooling off! I usually just stick the end of the hose in my front pocket or across my lap while riding...but there are several clips, velcro options on the market to keep the hose handy while riding. This system works really well!

Top Bottom