Bike
    1995 ST1100
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

Georgia Spring Rally '13.4

--> RSVP Here <--

I am super happy to announce,

Georgia Spring Rally '13.4

It will be held April 26-28, 2013. In beautiful Suches Ga. The location is tentatively planned for High Valley Log Cabins. The location may change. The date is set in stone.

The schedule is as follows:

Friday, nothing planned. Show up, pitch a tent and relax.

Saturday, group ride and meals. Breakfast at 180 Diner. Group riding till lunch. Lunch at Jim's Smokin' Que. More group riding. Dinner at Gustavo's Pizzeria in Dahlonega.

Sunday, nothing planned. Pack up and head out. Or not. Whatever.

There are a few details needing hammered out. Look for updates in the post below this one. T-shirts, ride route, and location are some.

I have been talking to the new owner of the old T.W.O.. Bill. We both would like to see this event at his campground. Unfortunately neither of us want to schedule it and the campground not be ready. Bill is fairly certain it will be fully functionally by April. However he does not want to commit to a date and not hit that mark. I understand that. I also do not want to commit to a date and have to move it. I would rather pick a date and stick to it. I really don’t think its a big deal to move it a few miles down the road. Me and another member have started talking about an event shirt. I need to revisit this.

If we have enough people show up the group ride will be drop n sweep. It really works well with medium to large groups. I like it. I plan to sweep, need a volunteer to lead. I would like to see someone with drop n sweep experience who knows the area. If attendance does not merit drop n sweep I will have ride routes to pass out for everyone to follow. I do not want anyone feeling pressured to keep up, or slowed down due to slower rides. This way everyone can ride the pace they want.

I have organized a spring event in Suches for several years now. The forum for my previously owned bike. Not a large group, butt friendly. I will be stepping down from that and focusing my attention here. I hope to make this a yearly event. An event that will grow a little each year. I think you will have a good time. Plan to get in on the ground floor. So to speak.

Shalom
    Michael

Adopt, adapt and improve.

Why arn't we riding?
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    1995 ST1100
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

Re: Georgia Spring Rally '13.4

Update 1

Have the ride route planned out. Should be just over 4 hours. Two stops planned. Sticking to main roads, mostly. Drove the planned route yesterday. Gravel everywhere. Everywhere. Hope its cleared out by the rally.
    Went by the old T.W.O., place its busy with progress. Might be done in time.

Update 2

This event will be held at High Valley.

The "New T.WO." will not be fully operational in time. I apologize for any confusion. I just talked to Bill today. They are starting to pour the forms for the new bathhouse today. The weather and some permits are holding him back. He will however have 3 rooms in the lodge for rent. Price is $55.00 for the first bed. $10.00 more for additional beds. I believe he said all three rooms will hold three beds. Maybe only two will. If you would like to reserve a room at "New T.W.O." please pm or email me and I'll get you in touch with Bill to make the proper arrangement and such.

I just left a voice mail at High Valley. I called to find out what they had open, and to warn them we are coming. I will let you know the results as soon as I do.

Update 3

Below is a Google Map of the planned route. I will have map routes printed for the ride. If you do not feel comfortable, or just arrive late, least you can still do the ride. This route is fluid. It can change depending on road conditions and if the leader see's fit.

The only planned events for this rally is Friday night and Saturday. Schedule as follows:

FRIDAY

6 PM Dinner at Gustavo's Pizza

Looking very forward to this. Fellow ST owner Greg's pizza joint. Some of the best pie I've ever had. Should be a wonderful time with great food and fellow crazy bikers.

SATURDAY

8:00 Am Breakfast at "Franks Place"

9:00 Am Depart from high Valley in Suches.

Please be geared up and ready to head out. Gas tanks full. Should be a long ride.
    I do have a few stops planned. Some in town at gas stations, some scenic overlooks.

1:30 ish Lunch at Jim's Smoking Que in Blairsville.

Should be a really good meal. Jim's has some of the best BBQ I've had. After the meal everyone can split up and do whatever. Smaller groups and ride some more. Head to Vinny's for pie. Back to camp, whatever.

NOTHING PLANNED FOR SATURDAY NIGHT NOW!

Last edited by The Cheese; 04-22-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Don't squat with your spurs on JPrieST's Avatar
    Bike
    '98 ST1100
    Tip Overs:
    My SPOT
    My Gallery

I'll pencil it in. Can't commit yet as I've still got to hammer out arrangements for Moonshine. Great location, I've been hoping someone would start something around there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Joel

Bike
    2006 GL1800
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

Michael, Happy to see this! I will help in what ever way you need.
    I am not young enough to know everything!

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Failure is NOT an option... georgiast's Avatar
    My Gallery

I hope to be there!

Bike
    2008 ST1300
    Tip Overs:
    2014 Miles:

My Gallery

I see that High Valley Log Cabins has a bunk house, will it be reserved for the group? Group Discounts?
    H.R.Cole
    Scottsburg, IN.

Bike
    vSTrom 650A
    Tip Overs:
    2014 Miles:

My Gallery

This looks VERY VERY promising.... Great area!

I think this is going on my 'gonna make this at all costs' list... LOL

Bike
    1200RT, 1200GS
    My Gallery

It's on my calendar...let me know how I can help.

We do not take a trip; the trip takes us.

Bob Frame

Why arn't we riding?
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    1995 ST1100
    Tip Overs:
    My Gallery

Good question. I wasn't planning anything like that. I guess if enough people shown interest I could ask about the bunkhouse.

Small note about the name. If you dint pick up on it 13 for next year an 4 for April. If there is a fall event it could be GaStoc 13.10.

RSVP now working.
    Last edited by The Cheese; 12-09-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Bike
    07 DL1000
    Tip Overs:
    2014 Miles:

My Gallery

Michael, I told you if you did it I'd show up!
    2005 ST1300 STOC#7404:

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern if they are true or not." - Abraham Lincoln

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast