KTM 1190 Adventure...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Since there is no KTM section...

After the famous LC8 another well placed throw from Mattighofen: http://www.ktm.com/de/travel/1190-adventure-r-eu/highlights.html

Merrits:
- 150HP @ 230kg
- ABS/CBS with offroad mode (unlinks rear brake)
- 4 TCS settings avail: sport, street, rain (@ a 100HP limit) or OFF to just let it fly
- electronic tire inflation monitoring
- electronic damping system, alter/store/retrieve supension settings at the push of a button
- VDO combi display
- mode switch to scroll/set menus
- KTM patend tubeless spoke rims

... a serious attack against Beemer ... ;-)

Bike
FJR1300
Hey ST1100Y,

In APR13 Rider Magazine, the KTM 1190 Adventure is featured. I really liked the review. This bike appears to be incredibly "versatile", was their word. I really like the 131.4 HP, at the wheel and 92 Lb/ft of torque due to RC8 Superduke engine, all of the extra features including the one's you listed and the first to have traction control in lean angles. I like the LED lighting, heated grips, hand guards, 3-angle adjustable shield without tools (and a taller shield option available), 520 lbs wet (without 30lb of luggage boxes), 6.1 gallon tank, 42 mpg with a lighter wrist, all for $16,500 MSRP. This bike is in my top 10 (wish) list right now, maybe top 5.

Bike
Vstrom 650
Yeah she would be some pet to have alright,I will be at a KTM dealers near Belfast shortly must get a closer look at the 1190 adventure,finances would definitely rule out buying one this year though.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
It can definitely be ridden off-road!

[video=youtube;JWIZfYQhgMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWIZfYQhgMc[/video]

STOC #
Let's see. Trade-in the ST and the Wee...and maybe I've paid for half of this monster. I've sat on one at Razee and I'm just tall enough. So tempting!

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
I like it. The new look is much better than the funky old styling on the 990. I don't think that's the best bike for the terrain in the demo video, I can't imagine how much it'd cost to repair the damage from a get off. The only concern I have is the dealership network.

rulbe

Site Supporter
Bike
Africa Twin AS
STOC #
I am afraid to test ride one I might have to trade the Multi for one!

Bones and Fred I have light weight portable booster step! LOL!

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Better make sure both are done at the same time and to the same length or the new moniker will be "Tilts"...

P.S.
"Perhas"?
:)
I tried to edit that and the page hung up. Couldn't even get ST-Owners to load for half an hour. ??

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
I've been drooling over the 1190 Adventure for a while now, but I think I'll wait a couple of years. I've been hearing reports about an air intake problem that has been destroying engines, by letting in too much dust and sand. I'll wait until the bugs are worked out.

The question is - Can I keep my ST that long, or will I end up with an F800GSA, or Triumph first?

Top Bottom