roadsmarts

I guess I'm one of the few that thought the roadsmarts handled and wore better than most tires that I keep using them.I gotta say 5 sets latter and I still feel the same way.I had one blister at about 70-80 and shook me a bit but Ain"t skeerd or maybe dumb.I'm getting 6-7 put of the rears and about double on the rear and dont ride to slow.However my last set sure went up in price they got real proud of them but to me worth it they dont make noise in a turn after about 3500 miles on them or cup nearly as much as a pr2.Hope too see a lot of people show up for the spring rally in Ga.

later GL

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
I've run several Roadsmart rears but never a front. Usually Metzler on both unless I'm making a long trip & need the extra wear--plus having an actual wear indicator besides the cord showing.:eek:

Just received a set of Dunlop Roadsmart IIs which will be the choice for this years tour. The Metzler I have run on the front for years isn't available anymore. Tried the Pirelli Angel & Metzler Z8, didn't much care for either one.

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
Roadsmarts have treated me, and my ST1300RR (my style of riding it) very well. There's a set of Roadsmart II's in my tire stack awaiting the next tire change.

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
Roadsmarts have treated me, and my ST1300RR (my style of riding it) very well. There's a set of Roadsmart II's in my tire stack awaiting the next tire change.
After riding with Greg (Stealthtourer) on many occasions I can tell you his STeed is also an ST1300RR! Mine too!:D

OP
OP
stealthtourer
well a new set of roadsmarts with a 180/55/17 on the rear seems to handle very well.Toes seem just a tad further from the road on full lean.Dont know could be a new tire but it seems so.Got them from Tim and they are about the same price as pr3's.
later GL

Bike
2005 ST1300PA
STOC #
Just put my second Roadsmart on the back. I got 8900 miles on my last Roadsmart rear tire. With our 110 degree summers that's probably pretty good. I'm on my second Roadsmart front, the first being replaced by the recall. When they need to be replaced again I might consider something else, but overall I'm pretty pleased with the overall performance.

Bike
2017 ST1300PA
2024 Miles
I have the Roadsmart 2 on the front and it is very noisy. Really loud going into a corner going either way, sounds like a buzz saw. I think it is due to all the sipes that the tire has. I have never had a tire this noisy before. It handles great and the wear is about average, but, the noise.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Greg, The last time I looked, your lean angle was getting to much of your riding "Boots". Might want to find some boots with a little extra "soul" on them. LOL

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
After Fridays ride, I can tell you that Greg's bike handles pretty well with the Dunlops. I really enjoyed the pace that Lanny and Greg set. I was on PR2's and my chicken strips are about 3/16ths of an inch, so it was fairly spirited. Big fun, but I wasn't feelin it Saturday. I dont mind getting caught in the rain, but pleasure riding in the rain, in the mountains...not so much. Vinny---thanks once again for everything...More ammenities than any hotel, at a better price. Awesome place to hub a weekend around. YOU DA MAN!

Bike
'07 ST1300
I have the Roadsmart 2 on the front and it is very noisy. Really loud going into a corner going either way, sounds like a buzz saw. I think it is due to all the sipes that the tire has. I have never had a tire this noisy before. It handles great and the wear is about average, but, the noise.
HR,

Check your tire rotation? These are a very quiet tire.

Bill

Bike
ST1300/GSX1300R
I put an RS2 on the front when I needed a new one. It handled so much better than the Michelin I took off that tomorrow I'm getting one for the rear.
I've used them on my 2007 Hayabusa, but I haven't put any on my 2012Busa, yet. Since I bought the ST1300 the Busa doesn't get as many miles.
It's about 3 to 1 on the ST, now.

Top Bottom