Thinking of a Tyre change

My ST1300 came with it's oem Bridgestone BT020 tyres still fitted. After riding it for about 500 miles I'm giving serious thought to changing them. On these nasty Norfolk roads I'm well used to the occasional rear wheel slide. But I've had several on the Pan at times and in places where I've previously had no such problems on my Deauville. I've also noticed that it can sometimes become unstable when crossing white lines.

I'm thinking of putting on a pair of Avon Storms which have worked well for me on the Honda Deauville. I gather these may not be as long lived as the BT020s but I'm prepared to sacrifice economy for the sake of security.

I be grateful to hear of other's experiences in switching from the Bridgestone tyres.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Check out the Michelin Pilot Road 3. Excellent handling (including in the rain) and the mileage is as good as the Bridgestone 020.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
If you do a bit of search on this site you'll find a number of threads concerning failures of Avon Storms on both the ST1100 and ST1300.
At least one of those threads will be by me.
We have had 2 failures of Avon Storms on 2 different ST1100s.
I know your's isn't an 1100; but, there are others who have had STorms fail on 1300s as well.

The tires fail *at speed*; so, you don't get to walk up to a flat; you get to ride a rear wheel failure to a stop...
There have been both types of failures; shiny side up or shiny side down.

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
I've run the PR2, PR3, 020, Z6, Avon's and Conti Road Attacks (original version, not the RA2).
I'm also about to change tires again, after 9K my PR3's are at the wear bars.
I'm going to go back the the Conti Road Attack - Original version. These tires got about 9K out of the rear, and had the most GRIP of any tire I've ever ridden on!
IF grip is the most important thing in your tire selection, you will love these tires. They were also a much better rain tire (on my bike) than the PR3's.
They will be the next set ordered on mine again.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
I think you have other issues. The BT020's are a great tire. I ran those for 20K and never had a tire grip issue.

On another note I love the Michelin PR3's I've run for the last 8K miles.

My ST1300 came with it's oem Bridgestone BT020 tyres still fitted. After riding it for about 500 miles I'm giving serious thought to changing them. On these nasty Norfolk roads I'm well used to the occasional rear wheel slide. But I've had several on the Pan at times and in places where I've previously had no such problems on my Deauville. I've also noticed that it can sometimes become unstable when crossing white lines.

I'm thinking of putting on a pair of Avon Storms which have worked well for me on the Honda Deauville. I gather these may not be as long lived as the BT020s but I'm prepared to sacrifice economy for the sake of security.

I be grateful to hear of other's experiences in switching from the Bridgestone tyres.
Hi Guys, Just changed fro BT020 to BT023, should the tyre pressure still be 42 psi front and rear for my ST1300?

Thanks Steve

Top Bottom