2012 V-Strom 650 Test Ride

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Congrts Joe! I looked at a Wee before I got the NC. They are nice bikes for sure and tons of aftermarket stuff for them helps.
Mike

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Congratulations on your new ride! After we talked last November about the NC700 I wondered how long it would take you to be on a new middleweight.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Congrats Joe, enjoy it while you can. :D We all know there will be another to follow the Wee, and I am jealous!

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
So slow day in the office, eh Joe?
Today actually was. Earlier in the week.. well, not so much.. my sleep schedule is all messed up from the late calls and issues. I'm blaming temporary insanity... oh well, too late now. lol

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Congrats Joe!!! I am sure you will enjoy it.

I would suggest the first farkle be a fork brace. Makes a world of difference to the bike, especially in crosswinds and loose surfaces.
Richland Rick makes a great one for a good price. Installs in about 5 mins. As an added bonus, his service is great!

http://www.adventuretech.biz/fork-braces.html

Rod

Bike
2006 ST1300
Love the color! Its tied with the blue as my favorite. I think this is even better, because its not as common.

Another place to look for farkles is Whitehorse Gear. Jeff there owns a VERY well farkled Wee and it sees lots of use. He would steer you right on suggestions. Very good people to talk with.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Wow Nicely done Joe!! :bow1:

Like I said I knew there would be one in the garage before Monday!! Enjoy the new ride!! :D

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
LOL that didn't take long, congrats!
Actually, been looking at them since I sold the Tenere but needed to pay off the car first and that should be done with the next/last payment and they had 5yr/0% financing on this so that payment is a heck of a lot smaller. In the end it feels like a great bike. I came back home on freeway and I didn't at all feel like it was underpowered. It has some buffetting and wind noise but I'm looking at what shield to get and the madstad bracket seems to be what everyone suggests on this bike and maybe the adventure shield they sell but I'm still reading up on all that. I think this will be a great bike for the summer as I froze at 44 degrees on my way home.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Actually, been looking at them since I sold the Tenere but needed to pay off the car first and that should be done with the next/last payment and they had 5yr/0% financing on this so that payment is a heck of a lot smaller. In the end it feels like a great bike. I came back home on freeway and I didn't at all feel like it was underpowered. It has some buffetting and wind noise but I'm looking at what shield to get and the madstad bracket seems to be what everyone suggests on this bike and maybe the adventure shield they sell but I'm still reading up on all that. I think this will be a great bike for the summer as I froze at 44 degrees on my way home.
Give me 44 degrees so I can go ride with out my Electrics. 28degrees here in Aurora today. Streets are OK but the Temps are a bit cool. Maybe next week. Need to get my Wee out and about. I have been riding the ST, trying to wear out the tires I have on it from last year. need to buy a new set for the upcoming Riding season. Also ordered my large fuel tank today for the DR. Should be here later part of next week. So Joe, are you going to take the Wee to NatSToc? Some one is trying to set up some dirt road rides out of Spearfish this year. I have not decide what I will ride this coming year. Maybe the ST this year. It is her turn again.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
So Joe, are you going to take the Wee to NatSToc? Some one is trying to set up some dirt road rides out of Spearfish this year.
Randy aka Treemuncher is doing that... Yeah, I may just take this bike there.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Congrats Joe! I tried looking today myself. I can't make up my mind what I want. I have rode your bikes big brother. Could be possible. The 650 is too small for me. I like the one u just sold also.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Congrats Joe! I have a 2007 Wee, and like you, love it for its weight (or lackof). Good luck with the new ride.

Top Bottom