Good news and bad news...

snowdigger69

Snowdigger
Bike
1998 ST1100A
STOC #
Try to apply for an ADA grant. Let us know how it turns out! Americans with Disabilities ACT for those not into the alphabet thing.. Moe.. Snowdigger

OP
OP
nhdiesel
Bike
2006 ST1300
Try to apply for an ADA grant. Let us know how it turns out! Americans with Disabilities ACT for those not into the alphabet thing.. Moe.. Snowdigger
Won't need it...this should be 90% within a few weeks, and 100% within 6 weeks or so. I already stopped taking the pain meds and my wrist is feeling better than it did 2 weeks go. I'm looking forward to getting full use of it back!

OP
OP
nhdiesel
Bike
2006 ST1300
Great to hear it went well!!! Hope to see you at Moonshine.

Jay
Not sure if I'm going to make Moonshine, but I'm going to try. We got a date for moving into the new shop- April 1st! My partner is away until this weekend, and we just barely got an address assigned for the shop, so now we have a bunch of paperwork to get done, as well as hook up utilities. If things work out I might make a quick weekend trip out of it. SS1k each way...LOL. We'll see how the wrist feels.

OP
OP
nhdiesel
Bike
2006 ST1300
So far so good on the recovery. There has been absolutely zero pain for the past few days- I haven't been able to say that for almost a year! I can still feel a tender spot of I bent my hand to the outside, which is where it puts pressure on the cartilage that was damaged, but its not bad. I can pick things up with my hand without pain now. I've even been using a 3 lb. weight to exercise my throttle hand- I have limited movement with the brace on (kind of the point of it...LOL) but I hold the weight in my fingers with my palm up and curl my wrist. I can do that 30 times with no pain. I'm hoping I can ride soon...we are supposed to get a couple nice days later this week if I can get my tire changed before then, and depending how I feel after the brace is off.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Just make sure you don't rush your recovery. Last thing you need is to head back to the hospital because you got too impatient. Man, I sound like my Dad sometimes.

OP
OP
nhdiesel
Bike
2006 ST1300
Well I'm hoping we can get into the shop next week- that would keep me calm for a little while, since I have to strip the ST down for a bunch of cleaning, lubing, and other maintenance. It will probably be apart for at least a week, if not two, depending on how busy I am with working coming in. I have some farkles to add while its apart, plus cleaning out a winter's worth of grime and road salt (yuck), preload fluid change, final drive fluid, and a good clutch & brake bleed while its apart. I can't wait to do this on a real, honest to goodness motorcycle lift!

I want to get that stuff done before the locals start getting their bikes out, as I hope to be somewhat busy doing spring maintenance to make some riding money this season. Fortunately nobody up here rides until toward the end of April, and more typically toward the end of May.

OP
OP
nhdiesel
Bike
2006 ST1300
Big day tomorrow. My wrist is feeling a lot better, though still weak and has pain with certain movements. I found I can pull my winter glove on while wearing my wrist brace, so tomorrow I'm bolting the front wheel (with new front tire) on the bike and am going to try a short 75 mile ride. Hopefully with some caution, and the wrist brace, I'll be O.K.

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Big day tomorrow. My wrist is feeling a lot better, though still weak and has pain with certain movements. I found I can pull my winter glove on while wearing my wrist brace, so tomorrow I'm bolting the front wheel (with new front tire) on the bike and am going to try a short 75 mile ride. Hopefully with some caution, and the wrist brace, I'll be O.K.
I'l just pass the advice given to me. Don't re-injure it before it heals. I've done it twice already.

OP
OP
nhdiesel
Bike
2006 ST1300
Well even before I got to my destination I knew my wrist was doing very well. I decided to do a little longer ride...and moved the NH tag. :) A bit over 300 miles today. Although slightly sore, it feels pretty good! I wouldn't want to try motorcross riding, but on the easier roads- especially with the throttle lock- it wasn't bad at all. The worse part was when I was on slow secondary roads going through towns and traffic- lots of throttle use which I felt. But that didn't last very long.

I'll probably take it easy tomorrow...the forecast changed, and rather than sun, its supposed to be cloudy early then rain in the afternoon.

Digiamo

Come play with us, Danny......
Bike
Suzuki DL650
STOC #
Glad to read this happy ending, Jim.

I've seen many diagnosis stories change for the better when the old doc is thrown out and a new one brought in.

Stay well, my friend. :)

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
A 300 mile ride, sounds like things are going in the right direction. Just don't push it, like you say, rest it tomorrow.

Top Bottom