Spencerized my seat

Bike
Honda ST 1300 A
Sent my seat to Spencer and had mods done and OMG! it is incredible! can ride four hours without a break, have lunch and another four hours and no problems. Before with stock seat and two hours, looking for a break. Thanks for the tip!

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I just got my seat for my Versys back from him on Wednesday. To bad we have to much snow to go out and give it a try. He did fantastic work on my ST seat when I had it, so I am sure its amazing!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Is the seat recovered with the original material, and once on the bike is there no visual difference we could see, especially if we knew it was Spencerized?

And are both part sent in or just the front?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Ok, I just read the Spencer FAQ and answered all of my own questions. I'll send an email for a some more detailed info, but this looks like what I want done to my seat.

I still want to know: do your Spencerized seats look any different than bone stock?

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Ok, I just read the Spencer FAQ and answered all of my own questions. I'll send an email for a some more detailed info, but this looks like what I want done to my seat.

I still want to know: do your Spencerized seats look any different than bone stock?
They look no different other than underneath the seat. You can see the different colored material through the holes.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #

It looks totally bone stock from the outside. He reuses your vinyl. You can send front and rear if you want but only needs the front if that is all he is doing. No worries about the two fitting together after the mod because he is doing more removing material than adding any. That is why the original seat cover fits fine. The holes mentioned above would be looking at the seat from the bottom, through the seat pan when it is off the bike.

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
Sent my seat to Spencer and had mods done and OMG! it is incredible! can ride four hours without a break, have lunch and another four hours and no problems. Before with stock seat and two hours, looking for a break. Thanks for the tip!
Spencerizing my seat was the best thing I could have done to "Big Red". If you like it now, just wait till you put a couple of thousand miles on her. The seat actually gets better! I did a 25K round trip, and when I returned home, I unloaded and got back on the bike to go grab a burger. SWWWEEEET!!! Another thing that I did, was to remove the rubber bumpers on the rear of the seat where it rests. It lowered the rear and made it more comfortable(for me). I rode to Birmingham, and loved the mod on my first ride. removed the bumpers and it was even better. It takes some of the forward lean out of the seat, and takes away that sliding forward feeling. Enjoy the mod...it gets even better.

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
I can't say enough about what a difference it made in my seat. As others have said it looks stock but is a huge improvement once you sit on it. Thanks Frank!

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I just got my seat for my Versys back from him on Wednesday. To bad we have to much snow to go out and give it a try. He did fantastic work on my ST seat when I had it, so I am sure its amazing!
Spencer had worked his magic on my ST and Versys seats as well. :thumbup:

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Got my done last year prior to going to Moonshine. I did 1000 miles the first day traveling there and could never of done half that with the stock seat. Frank can do wonders and the price is right. I can't say enough good things about his work.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Thanks, Tj.

I really like the look of the stock seat and didn't want to see that changed.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I did 1000 miles the first day traveling there
You may carry a tad more "insulation" than me to get 1000mi in a day!

Which reminds me: Frank says there's a LD option. Would this be a bad choice for a non-LD rider? For me 400-600mi is a Long Day, nowhere near Long Distance or 1K!

I've got a trip to Yellowstone coming up, so I should get it done soon. And the days are getting longer!

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
You may carry a tad more "insulation" than me to get 1000mi in a day!

Which reminds me: Frank says there's a LD option. Would this be a bad choice for a non-LD rider? For me 400-600mi is a Long Day, nowhere near Long Distance or 1K!

I've got a trip to Yellowstone coming up, so I should get it done soon. And the days are getting longer!
The LD option is a good option even if you don't ride 1000 mile days.

Top Bottom