Rear pedal goes soft when not used for a time

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I just picked one up. Haven't used it but will as I start to get things buttoned up for the riding season. Got another 6" snow this morning though and more on the way through the weekend. I also have a mighty vac so I will have to see which I like better.
Note: when you use the motion pro tool, throw away the clear tubing that comes with it, its too soft and will slip off the nipples (can I say that on the forum?) and purchase some 3/16 ID by 5/16 OD clear tubing at the hardware store, this will work so much better. I'll bet you a Coca Cola Classic that you'll end up using the MP tool much more after you get the hang of it!
The vaccum pumps tend to leave air in the system alot of times.
Remember with Great Power, comes great responsiblity, you must now go bleed someone elses clutch or brakes and pay it forward.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
Note: when you use the motion pro tool, throw away the clear tubing that comes with it, its too soft and will slip off the nipples (can I say that on the forum?) and purchase some 3/16 ID by 5/16 OD clear tubing at the hardware store, this will work so much better. I'll bet you a Coca Cola Classic that you'll end up using the MP tool much more after you get the hang of it!
The vaccum pumps tend to leave air in the system alot of times.
Remember with Great Power, comes great responsiblity, you must now go bleed someone elses clutch or brakes and pay it forward.

As it is I have bled brakes on a lot of the local riders so I already do that.

I should add that I got the mini version. I think I read a post that you don't like that version of it as well as it is harder to use. Time will tell.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
The only thing I don't like about the mini version is that the silly little handle gets in the way for doing the PCV. The standard or original version can slip into tight places with ease, like through the right side tupperware just above the cylinder head cover. Can't do this with the mini version. So when you bleed your brakes, you may have to remove the tupperware to get at it.
The std. one is just easier IMHO.

OP
OP
T_C

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Well tonight I am being forced to go to see a Blues hockey game and sit in the Mastercard suite.

While I would really enjoy a good bleed of the brakes.. duty calls.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
The only thing I don't like about the mini version is that the silly little handle gets in the way for doing the PCV. The standard or original version can slip into tight places with ease, like through the right side tupperware just above the cylinder head cover. Can't do this with the mini version. So when you bleed your brakes, you may have to remove the tupperware to get at it.
The std. one is just easier IMHO.
I have all the plastic off right now as I am doing valve shims. Just changed a bunch on the right side of the engine.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
while your there, make sure to check the 3 way coolant t for obstuction and flow. Might save you some idle issues later on.
Igofar

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
while your there, make sure to check the 3 way coolant t for obstuction and flow. Might save you some idle issues later on.
Igofar
Did that and cleaned my 5 way T with a pipe cleaner. The TBs are out to replace the idle adjust cable and do a general inspection of the top of the engine. I am also extending my hoses to the 5 way T to make Starter Valve Syncs easier to do.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
What is that I hear - It must be alarm bells sounding in Igofar's garage!!!!
ding....ding.....ding.....ding.....ding.....ding....ding....
Awaiting by the white courtesy phone if needed :rofl1:

Top Bottom