Firstgear HT Air Overpants or Olympia Airglide 3 Pants

Bike
2004 ST1300
I'm looking to getting a summer riding pants and have narrowed it down to these two pairs: Firstgear HT Air Overpants or Olympia Airglide 3 Pants. I've read some recent comments on the Airglide, but haven't seen much about the Firstgear HT Air. They're similar in price and feature. Anybody familiar with both of these pants?

Thanks
JC

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I wear the Firstgear HT Air's... on my second pair now. Liked them enough to buy a 2nd pair. I could get these in short leg length... the Oly's had to be hemmed up.

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
I have 3 pairs of the HT Air's and like them. I do find them slightly baggy on me though, but then again I have skinny legs. I do notice they let a little bit of water in around the thighs and waist during steady rains (both mine and my wife's). I got mine for something like $80 so got 2 sizes for me (winter & summer layering) and 1 for my wife. I think they're a lot more expensive now. I got the upgraded armor in all too. I'd probably buy them again.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Where can you get the First Gear Air HT? I have the jacket and the trousers and have been very pleased with them. But when I visited their website, it does not look like they make them any more - which is a shame. I didn't find any jackets on Motorcyclegear (New Enough) either, but then I may have missed them.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Both the wife and I use the Olympia Airglide 3's. We really like them but you may have to hem them, as I did mine (short legs). I do have an extra pair in silver, size 38, w/liner, worn once, like brand new, if interested???

OP
OP
SpikingJC
Bike
2004 ST1300
Thanks for all the replies. I'm leaning towards the Airglide as the FG HT seems to be very baggy, from the photo shown at MotorcycleGear. I don't mind having to hem the pant so it can be the exact length I need.

Both the wife and I use the Olympia Airglide 3's. We really like them but you may have to hem them, as I did mine (short legs). I do have an extra pair in silver, size 38, w/liner, worn once, like brand new, if interested???
Thanks for the offer. I'm more of a 35 type of guy, so will need a 36 at the most.

JC

OP
OP
SpikingJC
Bike
2004 ST1300
I ended up with the Olympia AirGlide 3 in pewter. Had the pants hemmed for $15 (I did the lining myself).

The first ride was in 35F temp with the rain lining in, a pair of sweat pants and LD comfort long base layer. It didn't feel cold at all.

The second ride was in 60F temp without the lining, and just the LD comfort long. Again, I didn't feel much wind on my legs. When stopping to get gas, there was a slight breeze and I actually felt a bit cold standing there. Once I got back on the ST1300, I was fine. This was when I realized the amazing wind protection the ST1300 give your legs.

The pants was very comfortable. I certainly felt more protected than kevlar jeans. I don't intent to wear it in the rain by itself as I have a 2 piece rain suit, so I will not test the rain protection the lining provides. I replaced the hip pads with SaS-tec pads. The original hip pads doesn't give me much confident as it's fairly thin and felt just a step above soft foam. I was able to adjust the knee protection to where I needed them.

I'm looking forward to wearing this on a 5 day trip through New England. in July.

I just bought a pair of First Gear Mesh Tex pants and wore them for the first time Friday.
I bought the 38 tall, and they fit perfectly, very comfortable and much cooler than the Kevlar jeans I would normally wear.
They don't have a liner, which I didn't want anyway. All those zippers, etc. associated with liners, look like a recipe for me making a mess of things

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I had some HT overpants a few years ago. I thought the material was weak as it had ripped very easily in a minor getoff. Also I think the knee pads are just foam, not armor. I now have the Airglides and like them much better.

Top Bottom