Passenger floorboard options

I searched the forums and couldn't find anything recent about this...

I'm looking for rear floorboards for my wife. She is used to riding on the back of a wing, but I don't enjoy riding the wing so I'm looking to trade it in for an ST1300.

The problem is the rear pegs. My wife likes the floorboards on the wing so I'd like to find some for the ST.

Are there any recent ideas about this? I saw a bunch of threads from years ago talking about this, but no solution.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bike
ST 1300
I think it was MELLOW who figured out that if you have BYGDAWG tip over bars you might be able to use them. Install them upside down from the directions and you get a semi floorboard I think if i remember right. Maybe Joe can chime in here on it.

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
I have Goldwing passenger boards on my ST because my wife likes them too. I had to fabricate a brkt, but it wasnt hard. Any fab shop can do it a flat pate with a couple holes and a short piece of barstock

Last edited:

the Ferret

Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
They do bump into the back of your legs at a stop. I have pics in another file of individual brackets if you need them

OP
OP
They do bump into the back of your legs at a stop. I have pics in another file of individual brackets if you need them
More pix would be great. I've also looked at the solution that Kempo-STer posted above and they look good too.

The wing floorboards are interesting as they may be a bit bigger and more comfortable than the others. I'm not sure that I like the idea of them bumping the back of my legs at a stop though.

If you could post the pix of the mounting braket it would be great.

Thank you both.

Bike
'01 ST1100
....I'm looking for rear floorboards for my wife. She is used to riding on the back of a wing, but I don't enjoy riding the wing so I'm looking to trade it in for an ST1300.....
A little story:

We had an '81 Gold Wing for over 20 years. My wife loved riding on the back of that thing - 125,000 miles.

Sold it and bought an '01 ST1100. Wife did not like it. Tried it for several years...unhappy wife (however, the ST is my fav bike of all time).

She made me buy an '05 Gold Wing. She loves riding on the back of that thing.....I could take it or leave it.

Result? I've got the ST AND the GL in the garage now!

Sometimes I wish I'd kept the '81 Gold Wing......

YMMV!

OP
OP
These came with my ST, but I want to swap them for standard footpegs. Care to make a trade?

Floorboard.JPG
Sorry, ealanm, but I don't have te ST yet. I've got my eye on the ST I want, but I need to sell my current bike first.

OP
OP
Excellent pictures Ferret.

I'm liking it. All I would need is to get the welding done, but other than that it looks like a simple fix.

From the last picture, it looks like they could be moved back by an inch or so. Do you think that would be possible with the other clearences? Could that fix the "bumping into the back of your legs during stops" issue that you mentioned above?

the Ferret

Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Excellent pictures Ferret.

I'm liking it. All I would need is to get the welding done, but other than that it looks like a simple fix.

From the last picture, it looks like they could be moved back by an inch or so. Do you think that would be possible with the other clearences? Could that fix the "bumping into the back of your legs during stops" issue that you mentioned above?
Like I said wasnt real complicated. I think mine ended up where they are because my wife sat on the bike and placed her feet where they were the most comfortable (the whole point of this excercise) and we welded them up there. Im sure there is some wiggle room tothe rear.

IMAG0329.jpgFor as long as I have been riding two up on my husbands ST 1300 my feet continued to fall asleep on long rides due to the small foot peg. I loved the floorboards of the Goldwing and wanted it for our bike. My husband searched tirelessly to find a pair of floorboards that would work to no avail. So this Valentine's Day he surprised me with the set you see in the above picture!! I love them and although I have yet to officially try them out on the road I can hardly wait! In addition he dropped them down with MCL lowering brackets. The floor boards are EMGO mini floor boards (and by mini I mean that my entire foot fits neatly on them!) He had to cut off some of the floor boards original connectors and supports and bolted them onto the original pegs (which went on to the lowering brackets.) We have tried sitting on the bike to make sure that my new floor boards didn't interfere with his footing. And they don't; in fact if he slides his foot back just a few inches he can rest his heal on the lowering bracket. I must say it makes long trips on the bike so much more appealing. My advice for all of us "two ups" out there is to not let Honda's disregard for our comfort ruin our ride--it is possible to get floor boards for the passengers. My husband was inspired by many of the posts in the forum in coming up with his design-- your guy can too!!

Top Bottom