Clutch won't disengage & Clutch lever offers no resistance

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Thought I should give you an update .... Done, and it worked!!! I replaced the old fluid with new, and bled the system to ensure no air, water, etc. Not only is the prolbem solved, but the infamous "Honda clunk" you get when shifting from neutral into first is noticably quieter.

I guess that bit in the owners manual about changing the clutch fluid every couple of years is good advice.

Again, thanks to all! Mike
Find and read my Blind Fold Taste Test thread I posted a while back, I think you'll find it interesting as far as the shifting issue goes.

Shadowfax-ST

As ridden by Pat
Bike
White 08 ST1300
This thread seems worth a quick 'bump' as I found it extremely useful toward decreasing the blood pressure over Shadowfax's clutch "problem", which he developed at the end of his extended renovation period where he languished unused in various garages and trailers. A quick bleed and engine warming later and I dared engage gear - followed by my first ride on Shadowfax in over a year albeit naked around the driveway (Shadowfax was naked not me. At least, not then.)

Bike
st1300 vfr800
Hey Mike if you need any more help or a place to work I am not far from you ,maybe get together for a ride soon .

Top Bottom