Smart Tire Components Still Available

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I broke the Smart Tire sensor cradle while dismounting my rear tire a couple of days ago. (At least I'm breaking my own stuff...) Fortunately, the cradles, and sensors, are still available from:
http://dickmantires.com/SmarTire/Stire_sensors_tools.html
They were actually cheaper than listed on the website ($8 apiece plus mailing costs) and were in stock. I ordered three: one to replace the one I broke, and two to replace the ones I might break when I change the tires next time. The folks at Bob Dickman Tires were great to work with.

The new style sensors sit in a cradle, so you break the eight dollar cradle instead of the eighty-five dollar sensor. They sit a little higher than the old MC sensors. I like the Smart Tire system better than anything else currently available; too bad they don't offer the motorcycle system anymore. As long as the low pressure (0-65 psi cold) sensors are available, it looks like I'm still in business with my old system. The PART#: 200.0171 sensors work fine with my old system. The sensor told me that my rear tire was low Wednesday morning, before I noticed a problem with the bike's handling.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Thanks, Roger, good info. Miss my Smart Tire system, it is the best. May have to dig up my old one now (I liked the small display amongst its features)........ althought the Doran is pretty good too. :)

Top Bottom