JB 1100 Touring Edition

Bike
ST 1100
I bought my first ST 1100 a year ago and enjoying the riding culture. My bike has JB 1100 Touring Edition labelled on the sides. No one is this part of the world knows anything it, can anyone on this forum fill me in please. It seems there are some minor differences.
All ears I am.

Kurt

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Were any of the previous owners' initials "JB"? I thought about putting my name and "call sign" on my bike like american fighter pilots do with their jets, maybe that is the case with your ST.

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
Were any of the previous owners' initials "JB"? I thought about putting my name and "call sign" on my bike like american fighter pilots do with their jets, maybe that is the case with your ST.
If his last name was "BIEBER", you might be able to sell the bike for a huge profit !:)

OP
OP
Bike
ST 1100
Thanks for the idea. No nothing along the lines of previous owners. The bike's serial number looks like it was meant for the european market, it may even have been old stock from Europe being sold in NZ. Nothing of help from the Honda blokes here either. I thought it may have been for a European touring club.

Kurt, on www.my-mc-phoenix.com a fellow ST rider is compiling information on the ST1100 on all year models, and countries. His name is David Wooster (Dave W II). He has a thread going over there now titled "European, if you can, do a scan of your T or later model Pan." He may not have the answer to your question, but I'm sure he would love to hear from you. I'm betting Slasher in post #2 is right.

Last edited:

Alesco

1997 30k mls ;o)
Bike
GL1500, ST 1100,
I bought my first ST 1100 a year ago and enjoying the riding culture. My bike has JB 1100 Touring Edition labelled on the sides. No one is this part of the world knows anything it, can anyone on this forum fill me in please. It seems there are some minor differences.
All ears I am.

Kurt
If you're around - I have a JB1100 Touring Special

DaveWooster

'95 ST1100ALS and '98 Standard ST1100W
Bike
1995 ST1100A
STOC #
I found a JB Tours company on the internet here in Ohio, USA.
Try a web search on jbtours.net .

Can you post the first ten characters of your frame number? (I can then tell you if yours was built for North America.)

The same goes for the chap Alesco.

(I have not seen mention of this on the European site. My name there now is David W.)

Last edited:

Alesco

1997 30k mls ;o)
Bike
GL1500, ST 1100,
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the interest, and we hope things are going as well as can be expected in your part of the world.
Frame/chassis # JH2SC26A7YM401357 - bike is apparently NZ new tho not to say from an overseas market.
2001 yr here down under - possibly 2000 elsewhere as we tend to be a bit behind the times - even tho we get the new day first !:biggrin:

DaveWooster

Bike
1995 ST1100A
STOC #
That eighth character is not the usual Australian U. It's an A, meaning Pan European, and standard (non-ABS, non-police) at that.
It was built for either the UK or Austria or Italy or European Direct Sales. Some say the serial number at the end can narrow it down to a single market, like the UK.

The Y in spot number ten means Honda considers it a year 2000 model. And Honda makes up the parts lists. The 4 in spot twelve is consistent with year 2000, and it is why I ruled out the Spanish and French Pans. I've yet to see a Pan with a Honda year of 2001.

I can't confirm that the USA firm I mentioned conducted tours in Europe (hence the use of Pans for the tour).
But the bike's owner should consult European parts lists labeled year 2000, or year code Y, in my opinion.

(I think NZ calls it 2001 because that's when it was registered down under.)

Last edited:

Alesco

1997 30k mls ;o)
Bike
GL1500, ST 1100,
I actually own the bike ;) and it has no modifications apart from heated grips. Speedo is in klm's NOT mils. And it has the "Pan American" badging(not a sticker) on the LH & RH sides of the fairing.
So I guess as far as the JB Touring Edition goes - it's just one of those wee mysteries in life?
Hey - and thank you for taking the time and interest in the bike - much appreciated :thumb:
Cheers
Alesco

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm wondering if the JB was part of a rental/touring company and the "Special Edition" decals were advertising.

DaveWooster

Bike
1995 ST1100A
STOC #
All ears I am.
N
Kurt
Kurt, I think you should have a look at Alesco's posts above.

Alesco, the speedo looks to be not made for the UK.

After that, I think one of you should then post about it on OzSToc.com .

A net search on

J B Tours and Travel

converges on this travel company in Ohio, USA that says they have conducted tours in Italy, Belgium and France, I think. They generally seem to cater to bus riders, not bike riders. And the J stands for Joe.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
Kurt, on www.my-mc-phoenix.com a fellow ST rider is compiling information on the ST1100 on all year models, and countries. His name is David Wooster (Dave W II). He has a thread going over there now titled "European, if you can, do a scan of your T or later model Pan." He may not have the answer to your question, but I'm sure he would love to hear from you. I'm betting Slasher in post #2 is right.
I think you might have made a small error in that website. Or its my fault because I cannot read Mandarin Chinese(?).

DaveWooster

Bike
1995 ST1100A
STOC #
I think you might have made a small error in that website. Or its my fault because I cannot read Mandarin Chinese(?).
The old domain is indeed now Chinese.
But the my-mc-phoenix site somehow got transferred to this new domain:

www.my-mc-phoenix.co.uk

And user Dave W II there changed his username to David W.

Last edited:

Alesco

1997 30k mls ;o)
Bike
GL1500, ST 1100,
My bike has "Special Edition" badges on it, but they're just badges. Nothing special.
Hi there,
this isn't a "badge" it's a small
decal on both sides of the bike - small, not that noticable. Have a wee lokk at the pics previously.
Seems it may be just a previous owner liked it and labelled it? I have no idea, but it's a break from all these people being affected with and by the virus.

Top Bottom