Motorcycle garage/shed/cover

Bike
2003 ST1300
Just wondering what options people have for sheds or whatever for your bikes.

I'm a woodworker so my garage has been turned into a shop. Bike takes up a lot of room and of course gets dirty from dust.

I've been thinking about building a shed around the side but I'm running out of room and money haha

what solutions do some of you have?

+1 on the CycleShell. I don't have one but know a guy who uses one in his condo parking lot. He likes it a lot, says it keeps the bike dry and clean, keeps critters out, and (so far) keeps the thieves out too. Not only that but the bike hasn't been hit or knocked over, as happened twice when the bike was naked.

But surely (don't call me Shirley) a woodworker could come up with a clever, inexpensive bike-port, eh?

pete

Bike
ST1300 2012
I bought the "Bike Barn" this spring and because I have very uneven gound ... put it on a platform of 2x4s and plywood. Works great so far.

Bike
2004 ST1300
Not sure where you are in Ontario, but you'll want to factor climate in. I'm on the west coast (near Vancouver); out here, the dampness is a big problem for motorcycles. A cover or a cycle shell works okay if you coat the bike with rust inhibitor, but that's not very practical if you're still planning on riding it from time to time. Something with a roof but open sides works better in a rainy climate. That's probably not a problem in most of Ontario, but it might be an issue in some parts of southern Ontario during the fall.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I built mine using 1.5" pvc pipe and all-weather tarp material. Added 1x4 wood door frame. Has electric for tender. Keeps bike clean & dry. About $150 in materials.

Top Bottom