Impression of first ride

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
There are some much less expensive alternatives out there, but they don't perform as well as a custom seat. I know, I've tried them. Ultimately, you'll be glad if you only spend the money one time instead of trial and error.[/QUOTE]

I spent $75.00 and shipping, compared to $750.00 to $1000.00 with seat and riser mod. I actually bought the Gen 3 riser when I bought my bike, but after riding it the way she likes to run, I like being in a more forward position for the curvies. I still have the riser in a box...maybe someday, when I slow down.

Bike
1984 Shadow 700
Before going to risers give this a try. A lot of people feel like the seat has you sliding into the tank, especially when stopping, and this will cause you to feel more pressure on your wrists pushing back the upper body. Adjust the seat so it is higher in the front than in the rear. With three height settings this means middle on the front and top on the rear or top on the front and middle in the rear. With the seat adjusted in this manner it will prevent you from feeling like you are constantly sliding into the tank and may bring relief to your wrists.

I have a spenderized seat. Is it adjustable as well? its on a 2001 1100

Byron

STOC #
I have a spenderized seat. Is it adjustable as well? its on a 2001 1100
Sorry, I missed the 1100 part. I'm not familiar with the seat on that model as I have the ST 1300. They appear to be a single piece seat so my guess is no adjustment. That doesn't mean that Spencer couldn't tailor your seat more to your physical and comfort needs.

I recently installed the Gen 3 Helibar risers and what a difference. I thought I would try to do without them but a few 300 mile rides later I saw it wasn't going to happen. I just put 700 miles on this weekend with the Helibars and they even made the seat much more bearable. Yes they were pricey but well worth it IMO.

Bike
ST1300/GSX1300R
I had the problem of sliding onto the tank, too. It made me feel I had to keep pressure to stay back, it was roughest on my knees, and after a while my feet.
I put the front mount in the top position and the rear in the bottom and it made the ride much better. The Sargent seat does this the best for me. I can choose from Stock, Corbin, or of course Sargent.
The PO couldn't choose, so I got a bonus......

Last edited:
Top Bottom