What do you keep in your glove box?

Bike
2005 ST1300
I am new to the ST (love it so far!). On my old bike (Nomad) I had my long distance packing down to a science so I wasn't digging through everything when I needed it.

I can pretty much just duplicate the same packing plan on the ST but the new (and very welcome) twist is the two "glove" boxes. Obviously the left one is lockable and the right one is not. What do you keep in there?

I was thinking registration, sunglasses, ram mount and charging cord in the left. Not sure what in the right one?

I kept a spare key in my tailight on the Nomad so all I would need was a phillips to get to it but can't really find a good "hiding" spot on the ST.........got any ideas?

The other issue is I really liked having a SS 16oz thermos on my bars to keep cold water. I don't find a logical place to mount a ring type cup/bottle holder. Any ideas? I know I can buy more ram mounts but not my first choice. I read that some keep a water bottle in the glove box but that does not appear to be very good/safe access while moving. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
The left one with lock, I put a jack in the box. This is that one that is susceptible to be stolen. At right, I put my passport, keys and wallet. For sure any theft wont never think that I am stupid enough to place my precious stuff there.
I use in my Camelback a mix with something very refreshing.
Welcome in the ST world my friend !

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Spare key taped inside the mirror housing.
Shhshh don't tell anyone.:D

Unlocked; fuses, lighter, MLR tags, cheapo flashlight, allen key for fairings, cheapo tire gage, side stand plate, some unkown gooey stuff in the bottom and misc. junk.

Locked; paper work and who know's what else the key slot cover fell apart and jammed the lock last week :eek::

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Locked... GPS, GPS wires. registration, and plastic bags for my cruise control.
Unlocked, clip-ons, metric alen wrenches, gloves, house keys.
Ron

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Those compartments get pretty darn hot in the summer months. That being said I wouldn't put any electronics in them, and sometimes credit cards become unreadable due to the heat.
I keep a 20oz Gatorade bottle filled with water, and a microfiber cloth in the left pocket. The water gets really warm and is great for cleaning squashed bugs from my windshield and visor. (never use the gas station stuff)

Louie Louie

I have my air compressor and plugs on the left compartment. Have a gate card, flashlight and usually my wallet on the right one.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
I actually keep my gloves in the right side when parked. The "locked" side isn't because I leave a short key in it most of the time. Keep registration, glass wipes for the shield, sidestand plate and some other junk that rolling around down in the bottom.

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
Locked:
$10-20 of emergency cash, paperwork, ez pass, spare key and a leatherman
I hope that spare key is not for your bike. If it is, you may want to reconsider keeping it there.

Left: A 13-oz can of Plexus and a towel, papers, cash and other misc. stuff.

Right: Small tools, a flashlight, baggies, zip ties, all rolled in a couple of shop rags.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sportznut
Bike
2005 ST1300
Man I did not realize these boxes held so much. Taping the key to the mirror housing? I will have to look that up and see how difficult it is. Sounds like a good idea.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
I keep my tire plug kit, tools, and air compressor in the left locked 'glove' box. My camera or 2nd pair of glasses is kept in my right box.

....but can't really find a good "hiding" spot on the ST.........got any ideas?
Make yourself multiple key duplicates and store the originals (never use the Honda original...they're soft and tend to break off!). Use one of the new keys as your regular key, and tape one of the spare keys underneath the valve head garnish (the silver 'Honda' cover over the valve head). Make sure not to put it adjacent to a spark plug lead so the key doesn't rub the insulation off the wire.
:yes:

Bike
03 1300
Interesting. I'm sure there is a "where to hide a spare key" thread. Behind this or that plastic, etc.

Glove boxes are good for brewing tea:)

Bike
92 ST1100
Actually with a small piece of 3M dual-loc(similar to velcro, but actually works), right-side cover key is attached hid in left pocket, to which will get me in right side to hidden attached ignition key and side cases key. Registration also in right pocket, throw wallet in left pocket, easily accessable when off bike along with tire gauge in left pocket Extra keys ARE a must on the bike!

Bike
'06 ST1300A
Left Pocket: paperwork, owners manual, spare cash, sometimes a tire pressure gauge.

Right side: Either empty or I've got a beverage in there, anything from a 12oz cup of coffee up to some 44oz soft drink cups will fit. Styrofoam cups are preferred.

Things that I no longer attempt to carry in the pockets. an emergency lantern/candle and chapstick. Both melted.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
A few tools
A spoon, fork, knife
Spare top box key
Blank ignition keys

migresch

"Carpe diem"
Bike
'04 ST-1300A
LEFT: Tire pressure gauge; Swiss Army knife; pad of paper and pen, spare house keys. Right; maps, spare ear plugs, garage door opener.

migresch

"Carpe diem"
Bike
'04 ST-1300A
LEFT: Tire pressure gauge; Swiss Army knife; pad of paper and pen, spare house keys. Right; maps, spare ear plugs, garage door opener.

Bike
ST-1300
STOC #
I normally carry paperwork... registration, insurance, gummy worm plugs and associated tools, CO2 cartridges in the left lockable. The right catches sunglasses and gloves. I used the right to mount my cigarette lighter plug for the GPS so space is limited. So as not to get this thread deleted, on longer trips I carry pie in the left. I have a permit to carry concealed pie. I found a great place to keep an extra key. Her name is Lisa. BTW, she puts it in a pocket, I don't hide it on her anywhere.

Steve

Top Bottom