What do you keep in your glove box?

Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
in my unlocked pocket I have Sunglasses, garage door opener, Kick stand plate on a leash, spare snaps to fix my roadcrafter (i need to put those somewhere else) Right locked pocket I have semi-valuble stuff like the paperwork, Florida Sunpass in foil bag, EZ-pass in foil bag (living in KY I don't need those too often but if on the spur of the moment I find myself in a rally running from Chicago to Florida I won't have to stop for tolls, lol)

Gamecock

Hey Y'all, Watch This!
Bike
2006 FJR
+1 for the spare key duct taped inside the mirror housing - but I won't tell you which one.

Unlocked box is usually for sunglasses, tire gauge, and anything not very valuable that I might need on short notice, like a map.

Locked side has a small plastic zipper case with paperwork, insurance card and a few dollars, a couple of those flexible arm lights that runners use (just in case I'm on the side of the road at night, which has never happened to me), and a brake disc lock that I never use.

suprdav

R.I.P - 2015/05/23
Bike
2013 BMW R1200GS
STOC #
Right side a ziplock bag with earplugs, mini air gauge and registration. Also sunglasses and sometimes iphone. My powerport is on the right side.
Left side a ziplock with TP (core removed), eyeglass cleaner, and jiffystand puck with string attached.
Spare key is duct taped somewhere accessible.

OP
OP
Sportznut
Bike
2005 ST1300
I found a great place for a spare key. Just duct tape it on the "shelf" of the fairing above the front tire. I just cleaned it w/wet rag. Adehered it with duct tape. Easy. Now I just need to make sure it will stay there.

Bike
ST1300
LHS: Puncture kit, compressor and hairbrush for Mrs. CBR.

RHS: Disc lock, sidestand plate, insulating tape and rubber gloves.

ocho nueve

Wanted: Slipper clutch
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
I seal my registration and insurance card, back to back, inside of a Food Saver vacuum seal bag in my left compartment, along with a few allen keys and a silver dollar from the ST's previous and original owner. If I'm heading out early in the morning, the void of space makes a perfect location for a 16 oz. travel cup of coffee and the engine heat keeps my mocha nice and warm.

I put a 12v plug in my lockable pocket, so I charge my phone and store my wallet while riding here.

I carry my spare key in my riding pants and forget about it. It stays there, and is always with me.

Bike
ST 1300
STOC #
Left side- Airman compressor,leatherman, disc lock, registration,insurance and passport in a ziploc baggie. Microfibre towel and sunglasses
Right side- garage remote, tire guage, hex keys,spare ear plugs, small tube of tylenol,spare sunglasses small packet of alcohol wipes

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I seal my registration and insurance card, back to back, inside of a Food Saver vacuum seal bag in my left compartment, along with a few allen keys and a silver dollar from the ST's previous and original owner. If I'm heading out early in the morning, the void of space makes a perfect location for a 16 oz. travel cup of coffee and the engine heat keeps my mocha nice and warm.

I put a 12v plug in my lockable pocket, so I charge my phone and store my wallet while riding here.

I carry my spare key in my riding pants and forget about it. It stays there, and is always with me.
To leave registration of vehicule is prohibited by Insurance company in Qu?bec. Should be the same everywhere no ? (More difficult for police to detect theft)

Bike
2021 R1250RT
Well I learned what NOT to put in there a cpl. of wks. ago- an iPhone. It was around 80-85 degrees & I rode maybe 45 min. When I took the phone it was shut down & displayed 'TEMP'....

Otherwise, garage dr. opener, sidestand stabilizer foot thingy, glasses, gloves. Sometimes wallet & chk. bk. in locked side.

STumped

Because I usually am . . . .
Bike
2012 BMW K1600GT
Left: Sunglasses, multi-bit screwdriver, couple of small wrenches, cigarette lighter to USB adapter, a few USB cables for cell phone / GPS / camera.

Right: Small flashlight, side stand puck, tire gauge, garage door opener, ziploc baggie with handfull of foam ear plugs (spares for me or to give to passengers), small bag of dental picks (to pick the bits out after I eat on the road).

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Left: Crack for Mayer Ford in Toronto.
Right: Crackers for lunch.
:D do you have the video as well?

In the lockable compartment, I store my GPS when not in use, registration and insurance in a ziplock, tire pressure guage.
In the left unlocked the USB power outlet, earplugs, balaclava

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
Left locked side: A dispenser of Anti-Monkey Butt. There is a bottle-shaped indent in there perfect for this purpose. Sometimes the phone goes in this too, when it needs a charge.
Right unlocked side: Side stand puck and the most important Allen Key / hex wrench you'll ever own. On US trips, passports go in here too.
I also carry a first aid kit, but it's too large for the "glove boxes" so goes in the top box.

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
:D do you have the video as well?

In the lockable compartment, I store my GPS when not in use, registration and insurance in a ziplock, tire pressure guage.
In the left unlocked the USB power outlet, earplugs, balaclava
I will surprise you Kilt : I do have the video. But do you have the 200k$ to buy it ? ...

I think we are the only two body's aware about the issue of Toronto Ford Mayer over here !

PS: The video is under my seat and my bike is in the Toronto Tower parking lot. Many cameras watching...

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I will surprise you Kilt : I do have the video. But do you have the 200k$ to buy it ? ...

I think we are the only two body's aware about the issue of Toronto Ford Mayer over here !

PS: The video is under my seat and my bike is in the Toronto Tower parking lot. Many cameras watching...
Sorry don't have the 200K...but a quick trip to Toronto may be in order.....It's amazing Ford lasted this long.....
anyway I would have second thoughts about carrying that amount of cash in the glovebox...lockable or not ;)

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I bet with you Kiltman 200k$ that Mayer Ford won't be there next week !

The best place to hide 200,000 dollars on an ST1300 is in the Right box... But you need 1000k bills. You have to sign at the bank to cash these bills...

Top Bottom