What do you keep in your glove box?

STOC #
I actually have something in common with Karen. Atomic Fireballs in the unlocked box. Along with other hard candies. I mounted a cheap Kmart water bottle holder to the left handle bar. Just put a longer bolt into the switch mount housing and a couple of lock nuts to hold it in place. Got the idea from somewhere on this site.

Bike
ST1300A
GUM! Am I really the only one on this board that chews gum while riding? If it's in the RH pocket I can always get another piece, even when riding with a full face helmet. Gum is very important. The RH box also has my earplugs, a crampbuster, air pressure gauge and other junk i'll never see again.

The LH locking box has all the tools I know how to use on the bike, my tire plugging kit, a small rag and an air pump. I keep the slime somewhere else.

Last edited:

STumped

Because I usually am . . . .
Bike
2012 BMW K1600GT
GUM! Am I really the only one on this board that chews gum while riding?
I often chew gum after eating but I can't chew when I ride because the cheek pads on my helmet will cause me to bite my cheek when chewing. :eek:

migresch

"Carpe diem"
Bike
'04 ST-1300A
I will surprise you Kilt : I do have the video. But do you have the 200k$ to buy it ? ...

I think we are the only two body's aware about the issue of Toronto Ford Mayer over here !

PS: The video is under my seat and my bike is in the Toronto Tower parking lot. Many cameras watching...
Hah! I know all about Mayor Ford's alleged issues.......all the way over in NB, Canada!

Bike
ST1300 2004
Still new to the bike but that being said, locked glove box has my sunglasses, garage door opener, and spare ear plugs.

The unlocked box I have a Pepperoni Hot Pocket and some pulled pork warming up.

Spare bulbs (one of each) spare fuses, owner's manual, spare keys (wrapped up like the light bulbs in shop wipes), footy for side stand, relay, switch and assorted wiring for driving lights.

STOC #
Locked side (which stays unlocked anyway): Kickstand pad, tire plug kit,

Unlocked side: garage door opener, new ear plugs, small plastic case to hold my current set of ear plugs if I take them out at a stop

MrB

Bike
2013 GL1800 F6B
STOC #
I keep a 20oz Gatorade bottle filled with water, and a microfiber cloth in the left pocket. The water gets really warm and is great for cleaning squashed bugs from my windshield and visor. (never use the gas station stuff)
Just wanted to bump this suggestion, I've been doing this for a couple weeks and it works wonderfully!

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
He doesn't quite fit--and therefore he isn't comfortable, but that's where I keep my Trunk Monkey.

Bike
2010 ST1300
What do you carry in the right and left 'glove' compartments?

I've noticed that the locking left and non locking right 'glove' boxes on my ST get very warm after riding for an hour or more. I used to keep a flashlight in one, and some prescription drugs in the left but decided the heat did neither item any good.

Now I keep my kick stand plate, ear plugs, and small bills for tolls, and spare gloves in these boxes, but not much else.

What do you carry there that is 'heat proof'?

Zonker

Matt Christian
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
Re: What do you carry in the right and left 'glove' compartments?

LEFT side: Registration, insurance card, sunglasses, spare gloves, spare knife, spare dew rag, & kick plate.

RIGHT side: Phone / ipod charger & power-outlet, but it toasts them enough it makes me nervous.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #

Left side: digital tire pressure gauge, glass cleaner in a small spray bottle and a microfibre cloth for my face shield. Right side: scrubby sponge for the windshield to remove bugs.

ST1300 Alicia

aka GSA Girl & KLR Girl
Site Supporter
Bike
BMW R1200GSA

I can't tell you what I keep in mine. Wait a Minute, That's right I forgot, I lost my ST1300. My Beemer doesn't have a NEAT Pocket Like That. Old Age Sure Is Hard On My Memory.

Bike
2002 ST1100A
STOC #

on my ST1100 the left side is non-locking and the right is locking. On the left I keep my garage door opener, pen, ear plugs. On the right is registration, fastrak transponder (for toll crossings), multi-tool, tire pressure guage and small flashlight.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #

Left side is earplugs and little individually packaged wet-wipes (the refreshing towels that European airlines give out).

Right side is a tire pressure gauge, Leatherman tool, and some Kleenex.

My experience has been that the right side (lockable side) is quite watertight, but the rubber cover on the left side tends to deform (lift up a bit) at highway speed, and will let water in. That's why the kleenex goes in the right side.

Steve398

... another retired Black Rat.
Bike
2018 BMW R1200RT LC

Ummmm.... from memory:

Left is for the sat-nav when I'm parked up, earplugs, house keys when I'm out on the bike.
Right has visor cleaner, microfibre cloth and a pressure gauge.

... and it sure does get hot in there!

Top Bottom