Invisible Angel Eyes

Bike
2012 K-1600 GTL
STOC #
I first noticed this phenomenon last summer when I was in a group ride and one of the riders had a K1600GT. Even though he was riding behind me I had a difficult time picking him up at times. Made me wonder how this technological tour de force could have overlooked something so critical. I have made it a point to mention this to all of my friends who have since picked up one of these bikes...

Well, except for you Chris. Haven't seen yours yet... ;)
i have become a high beam and LED using mofo since I got the K16....

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
i have become a high beam and LED using mofo since I got the K16....
I don't own a BMW but have always been a high beam user. The LED part is yet to come and the mofo part depends on who you talk to. I've never noticed but there's been a change in motorcycle headlight regulations allowing "angel eyes" or DRLs to be used instead of headlights?

ST13Fred

Fred
Bike
2015 Motus MST
Darla Clearwaters will be option added on the Motus, which has the S1000RR front end. And will mount on the lower fork pinch bolt.

I'm looking to install a set to my NC700, but want them also mounted to the lower fork pinch bolt. I may end up putting them on a GIVI crash bar.

What is neat about the Clearwaters is along w/the manual adjustment of the beam intensity, they are also controlled w/the hi/lo headlight switch.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I've never noticed but there's been a change in motorcycle headlight regulations allowing "angel eyes" or DRLs to be used instead of headlights?
The only law on the federal books is requiring headlights to be used 30 min after sunset til 30 min before sunrise and in inclement weather. State and local municipal laws may be stricter. DRL's are not regulated or required in the US.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The only law on the federal books is requiring headlights to be used 30 min after sunset til 30 min before sunrise and in inclement weather. State and local municipal laws may be stricter. DRL's are not regulated or required in the US.
Back when all/most bikes started showing up with engine on/headlights on I assumed it was a nationwide requirement.

OP
OP
Bones

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Soooo which Clearwaters did you install ?
Darlas on fork mounts, Ericas on crash bars. Installed using the ultra slick CANopener...only way to go with a GT/GTL/RT. See Rider 4/2015 page 94.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
:eek: Those light kits and CAN-opener are allegedly expensive!! !! But maybe turning on Darla at night makes it all worth it.

:eek: Those light kits and CAN-opener are allegedly expensive!! !! But maybe turning on Darla at night makes it all worth it.
$$$ yes but worth it if you ride after dark at any time. I bet Bones looks like one of little spaceships on "Close Encounters of the 3 Kind" coming down the road at night.

Top Bottom