Hydration

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
So I have been looking for an easy hydration system at a reasonable price. I just don't have the tools to make my own or the space. So I was looking around on the other ST forum and found this:

Garauld TechWorks LLC
61 John Smith Rd
Binghamton, NY 13901-5533
ph: 607-648-3978
GTWLLC@stny.rr.com

It was posted by John O. so I calld and spoke to Gary I have a 1 Gal Coleman jug that I want to use he did not have a 1 galon available but said if I wnated one he would start on it the next day and to send him a check. So I did and my rack should be delivered today. Now this is the first 1 Gallon he has made for the 1300 so I am going to play with the mounting position and once I have it figured out I will give him the loacation for the mounting holes. I will post pictures as soon as I get it mounted. I have a pretty long ride scheduled for the weekend of Junt 7-9 so I will report back on it then. It will get a good test that weekend as I am just blasting down for the RTE at HawgWild BBQ and back home. Any way I just thought I would post this in case anyone else was looking for a similar item.

OP
OP
SteveST1300

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
So here are the results Gary sent me the mounting system along with the 1 gal coleman jug and all the tubes and bite valves I would need. This is the first 1 Gal he has made so I don't know what the other size is but this is just what I have been looking for and it has a great clamp system rather than straps. The kit comes with 2 spacers and longer screws, you simply remove the rubber from the footpeg place the spacers and screw on the plate. I played with the location of mine a bit If you order one it will come pre drilled and ready to install.

Attachments

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Will that size and weight of jug disturb the balance and aerodynamics of the bike when full ?
You would be talking only 9-10 lbs,,, I doubt I balance my saddlebags or duffle bag across the seat any better than that. Plus,,, it's about a low as it can get.

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
I've got one of those from Garauld. Works great!

I painted my red cooler with a rattle can of Krylon Fusion. Lots of bike matching or coordinating colors available at Home Depot or similar.

Last edited:

STBernard

BlewBayou
Bike
2004 ST1300A
STOC #
I have a 10 liter Dromidary bag. It can sit on a rear seat and you can attach a hose with a bite valve. If you bungee stuff on top of it like a tent, sleeping bag or duffel bag, it pressurizes it some what, and as it emptys, the bungees take up the slack. The bag has grommets for hanging in camp, but it is not insulated. Just another option.

Top Bottom