Battleax 023 GTs die an early death

Bike
2012 K-1600 GTL
STOC #
I routinely got 12K on the 020 F and the 023 has been about the same for two tires. I have never managed to run an 020F front to the bars, always gets too cupped long before the tread becomes an issue.

I have had one PR-2 on the back, purchased as an emergency replacement for a blow-out on the road and it shed a ring of tread off the right side at 4000 miles without warning.

The thing about Bridgestone's is that they are really sensitive to pressure, even running at 38-40, they wear much faster than at 42 psi. Also, in hot weather riding, they seem to wear faster.

I really like the 023, hated the Michelin

Chris

I am almost always solo.

Bike
94 st1100 abs/t
I have a st11 I ran the gt on I got 2500 miles out of it and I am happy with that I live here in north ga and ride the mountaind every time I ride
I never go south on the bike just cant bring myself to do that and waste my riding time.
They stick great 120 bucks shipped to the door never noticed them stepping out at all.
I wish I could get 4000 miles out of a tire that has just never happened and never will due to where I ride I guess
The tire did like flake up on the edges as it wore but I will be honest for 120 bucks I am happy with it
I just put another one on that I had on the shelf so we will see how the mileage works on it

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I've run both the standard 023 and the GT version on my 1300. I had several incidents where I could feel the sidewall flex with the standard version. It felt like the tire had broke loose when it had not. I have not had that issue with the GT version. I have had the the GT version break loose in the rain when accelerating onto the interstate from the ramp. Wasn't sure if this was a tire issue or the new asphalt.

I live in the flat and I mean flat part of Indiana so the tires don't see the twistiest much. They don't cup near as bad as the Michelins did, and I get about the same milage from them as a did with the PR-3's, 10,000 to 12,000.

Sent from my RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

Bike
94 st1100 abs/t
Bridgestone say that they don't recommend the BT023 GT version for the ST1100 , but they do recommend the standard BT023 for it. No, I didn't understand it either. I thought the GT was for the heavier bike. Apparently, the choice of tyre is dependant upon many more things than that, including the suspension, the interaction of the damping of the tyre with the bike’s suspension, the weight distribution of the bike and its aerodynamics.
Interesting I bought the gt because it was for the heavier bike and cheaper I will be ordering another set as the shelf is empty from st tires maybe I will by the standard bt023 and see what happens!

Top Bottom