Gloves Can you clean the inside of Gerbing T-5 gloves

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
So my T-5 gloves are getting a little crunchy feeling on the inside and I haven't been able to find any instruction on a safe way to clean them. Has anybody here accomplished this and how did you go about doing it. I assume just washing them in a washer would not be the best thing for the leather part of the glove.

Sent from my RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
mlheck

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I did and there is nothing there about these gloves. They do have instructions for the G-3's. Hence the reason why I asked the question here.

Bike
91-ST1100 & PC800
STOC #
I worked like @$#% and turned mine inside out and washed the liners by hand in the kitchen sink
and let air dry worked fine
Dave

OP
OP
mlheck

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I started to turn them inside out and realized what a pain in the butt it was going to be. I also didn't want to screw up the wires inside. If I don't get any better ideas then I will try this.

Bike
2015 BMW K1600GT
I got my T-5's soaked in a downpour that lasted for about 3 hours from Houston all the way to Dallas. The insides were soaked. I pushed the fingers inside out and put a put drinking glasses (upside down) on the leather side (now the inside) and let a fan blow on them for 2 days to dry them out. They still work fine. Maybe you could do the same and perhaps a light soap and water wouldn't hurt.

When pushing the fingers inside out, use one of those fat pencils (eraser side in first) to push on the fingers. Start at the tip of the finger on the leather side, then push, working each finger slightly until one by one, the glove it reversed. One note is that I never did get either pinkie finger all the way inside out.

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I washed my Gerbing gloves in the washing machine along with my textile trousers using Nikwax tekwash, then sprayed them with their proofing stuff..... Haven't used them yet but they look just fine, but don't smell and they feel sooo soft.....

OP
OP
mlheck

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Ok, so I tried the turning them inside out procedure. It was a pain, but I used a 3/8 dowel rod with a plastic cap on the end of it to help push the fingers inside out. I then hand washed them and squeezed out the excess water. When I turned them back right side out after they dried everything still worked and they felt so much better on the inside.

Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom